Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#8130] Ship: via Xania

Gjest Inger Nordén
 Del

Gjest Inger Nordén

My ancestor emigrated to North America. I think i have found him, but need help to clear a few things: he is no 165559 in the register 'Emigrants from Trondheim' and left by the ship 'via Xania'. Do anyone of you have more information regading this ship, which port it went to and general information about it? Also, under 'Travel permit' in the register it says 'Flytn.bet.'. What does this mean? Also, is it possible to order a copy of the registered information from Digitalarkivet? Thanks Inger

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pearl Danroth

Hello Inger - I believe the ship you are referring to is the Christiania (Xania = Christiania). If I am wrong, I am sure someone will correct me. You can find more about this ship at the Solum, Wiggum & Austheim website found at this address:http://www.norwayheritage.com/ships/index.aspSorry, I can't help you with the other translation.Good Luck, Pearl

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ketil Firing Hanssen

'via Xania' simply mean that he travelled via Christiania (Oslo). The name of the ship is not listed, but the line was Skandinavia (Scandinavian America Line). You might find him in the emigration registers for Oslo, although I have tried without success. It seems that he travelled together with Per Martinsson (same departure date, domicile, occupation and destiantion). Have you found them at Ellis Island?More information on the Scandinavian America Line can be found at http://www.norwayheritage.com/ships/index.asp

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Håkon Christiansen

My guess is that 'Flytn. bet.' means 'Flytning betalt,' i.e. that his moving to to the US is (pre)paid, most likely by someone who went there ahead of him.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.