Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#8294] 1771

Gjest GiGi Allred
 Del

Gjest GiGi Allred

I was doing research today on family relatives living in the town: Botne, county: Vestefold, I believe living on a farm: Bentsrod.Father, Mother and seven children. The mother and 5 of her children all died within 3 weeks of each other.The dates I have for the deaths are between September 21st through October 18th in the year 1771.Does anyone know what was happening in the area at that time?I would really appreciate any help given.Thank you, GiGi Andresen Allred

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

You will find an account of the diseases of Norway at this address: http://home.online.no/~fndbred/sykd10.htm In 1771 parts of Norway (and Sweden and Russia) had 'spotted fever' (= flekktyfus), and Western Norway, Trøndelag and Nordland had outbreaks of smallpox (= kopper). Other parts of Norway reported dysentery (= blodgang). This account does not tell what was the cause in Vestfold, but 1770-1773 were years with undernourishment, and several diseases can come as a result of that, dysentery being one of them.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.