Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#8304] Anton Andreasen Engh

Gjest Peter Engh
 Del

Gjest Peter Engh

I am looking for information on my greatparents. Anton Andreasen Engh, born in 1855 in Holland, Norway, and Helene Engh, born in 1854 in Baastad, Norway. Is there a place that I can be directed to find out about my great-grandmothers maiden name, and how can I get a copy of their death certificates. Anton died about 1929 and Helene about 1939, I think.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Mathisen

Baastad is a sub-parish ('sogn') in Trøgstad parish (written as 'Thrygstad' in the 1865 census) in Østfold 'fylke', and on the farm Syverrid in Baastad I find Hellene Gulbrandsdatter in the 1865 census. Her age is given as 12 years, so she is most probably born in 1854. Her parents are Gulbrand Hansen, 43 years old, born in Trøgstad, and Christine Gulbrandsdatter, 47, also born in Trøgstad.Holland I believe should be Høland (?), a parish in Akershus fylke. On the farm Krogstad in Høland lives a boy named Anton Andreassen, 11 years old in 1865, i.e. born 1855, and born in Høland. His parents are 'husmann' Andreas Christiansen, 38, and Ragnild Christiansdatter, 37. Andreas's mother, Anne Marie Knudsdatter, widow, 73, also lives on the same 'husmannsplass'. Anton has 4 sisters: Mina, 8, Rebekka, 7, Caroline, 5, and Hedda, 3.Is this of interest to you?Hans Mathisen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Mathisen

Baastad is a sub-parish ('sogn') in Trøgstad parish (written as 'Thrygstad' in the 1865 census) in Østfold 'fylke', and on the farm Syverrid in Baastad I find Hellene Gulbrandsdatter in the 1865 census. Her age is given as 12 years, so she is most probably born in 1854. Her parents are Gulbrand Hansen, 43 years old, born in Trøgstad, and Christine Gulbrandsdatter, 47, also born in Trøgstad.Holland I believe should be Høland (?), a parish in Akershus fylke. On the farm Krogstad in Høland lives a boy named Anton Andreassen, 11 years old in 1865, i.e. born 1855, and born in Høland. His parents are 'husmann' Andreas Christiansen, 38, and Ragnild Christiansdatter, 37. Andreas's mother, Anne Marie Knudsdatter, widow, 73, also lives on the same 'husmannsplass'. Anton has 4 sisters: Mina, 8, Rebekka, 7, Caroline, 5, and Hedda, 3.Is this of interest to you?Hans Mathisen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Peter Engh

Mange Takk, That is helpful. I know that they lived in Oslo in 1900. My grandfather appears in the census. His name was Isak Engh. His parents were listed as Anton A. and Hellene, but I believe her real name was Helene, as that is what his passport and military papers read. He came to the USA in the 1920's, and lived with his sister. However, when he died all information about Norway was gone other than what I mentioned above. I am greatful for this information. Is there a place that I can write to in Norway to get copies of what we call 'Death Certificates' in the USA. Here it lists the persons parents also. That would be of help to me. I have traced Anton's mother back to the 1800 census. Once again, thank you for this information, I hope you can provide me with any more that would be helpful.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.