Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#8347] Translations please

Gjest Kristin Logan Tilton
 Del

Hello, I was hoping someone would be able to help me with some occupational translations: 'Barnepige' 'Gaar Sin Moder tilhaande i alt' 'opfostres for falligvaesentes regning' (this listed under 'yrke' for a 5 yr old foster daughter) Fisker og skibsmandskab (is this a fisherman?) Also under one of the family memebers, who appears to be the wife's brother, the family status states 'fl' and he is unmarried... any ideas what this might mean? 'gaardb og selveir' 'Tyende' 'Forvalter' I appreciate the assistance with the translating. I was also wondering if there is anything online in the way of passanger lists or immigration records into Norway from Scotland or England? My relatives immigrated from Scotland into norway- last name is Logan (James, John). Thank you again, a wonderfully helpful service you are providing here! Kristin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Oldervoll

Barnepigenursemaid Gaar Sin Moder tilhaande i althelping her mother with all her duties Opfostres for fattigvæsentes regning fostered, paid for by the poor relief system Fisker og skibsmandskab flLodger, family Gaardb og selveierFarmer, owns his own land TyendeServant ForvalterManagerThere is no immigration lists in Norway for the periode, on- or offline.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Jan, Thank you very much for your translations, a big help it has been! I neglected one translation- 'tjenstekarl.' Again, thank you so much, I only wish I had the materials to learn the language of my ancestors! Sincerely, Kristin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.