Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#8463] Bjørn Olsen Slettemoen, Hol (b1632)

Gjest Vidar Larsen
 Del

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Nore Uvdal bygdebok indicated that my ancestor Kristi Bjørnsdatter Kveta (1665-1720) who married Lars Bjørnsen in 1701 was the daughter of Bjørn Olsen Slettemoen in Hol. I have been informed that Bjørn was born around 1632 and was buried in 1712, but that is the only information I have on him. Is there a bygdebok for Hol, and if so does this have any further information on him and his wife? Any information would be gratefully received. Also in which provsti, prestegjeld and sogn should I search for Slettemoen in the 1663-6 manntall? Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen

According to 'Folk og Fortid i Hol' by the Reinton brothers Bjørn Olsen was the son of Ola Knutson Slettemoen b. 1604. He is mentioned at Slettemoen in 1642, 1647, 1657, 1664, Ola was probably the son of Knut Slettemoen, mentioned in 1593, who is the first known owner of the Søre Slettemoen farm. Nordre Slettemoen first mentioned in 1624, while Myljo (middle) Slettemoen was parted from Søre Slettemoen in the 1800s.Known children to Ola were:Botolv Olson b. 1630 died bef. 1691, who took over the farm (m. Guri Arnesdtr. nordre Villand).Bjørn Olson, said to be living in Uvdal, Numedal.One Sjugurd Olson Slettemoen who in 1653 gave the son of Sander Røo a knifestabbing, was probably also the son of Ola.This one sentence is all that is mentioned of Bjørn in any of the six or seven excellent bygdebooks from Hol. Wish there was more so I could help you out! :-)Hol was an annex under Aal in the period you are searching.HeidiPS: For some reason the name Bjørn was never used again in the Slettemoen family after 'your' Bjørn moved away, while both Botolv and Sjugurd are familynames still used today.PS2: This farm, Søre Slettemoen, is my husbands family-farm.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

And another PS: Ola K. Slettemoen was the one mentioned in 1642 etc., not Bjørn!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Thanks Heidi. When searching this far back I am pleased to get any information at all. From your PS it looks as if there had been a bitter family feud. Bjørn was completely written out of family tradition. I have found Slettemoen in the 1801 and later censuses, but are unable to locate it (and Aal sogn) in the 1663 manntall. Any hints where it can be found? Thanks again Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Doesn`t seem that the manntall registered in Buskerud stretches that far north in 1663 - seems it only covers the Drammen area and the rest is not yet digitalized. Maybe others can correct me on this?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.