Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#8573] Decendants after Ivar Skjerven, Hafslo, in USA

Gjest Nina Therese Brennesvik
 Del

I am searching for decendants after Ivar Nilsen Skjerven (in USA Iver Sherven) and his sister Kari Johanne. They went to America in 1915 and were heading for Spokane, WA. Iver had probably lived here, he came to America in 1898 and brought his sister with him after a visit to the family in Norway. He was a carpenter. Iver Sherven died in 1932 in Olympia, Thurston, WA. According to the funeral anouncement, he lived in a place called Littlerock and was survived by his wife Johanna and at least one child, a daughter called Minnie. His sister, on the other hand, is never heard of. The family in Norway lost contact with them after 1915. If anyone knows anything about these persons, or how I can find some info that might lead to finding them, I'd appreciate to know.Nina Therese Brennesvik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars E. Oyane

This was indeed interesting reading! I am the County Historian for Luster County, including Hafslo parish, Norway, and for quite some time I have tried to trace the Skjerven (Sherven) family in the United States. Now, maybe we can join forces to find them?I have nothing to add in regard to Iver Sherven; however, his sister Kari Johanne Skjerven, born in Hafslo Nov. 6, 1892, died as Carrie Biggs at Grand Coulee, Grant Co., Wash. on Oct. 1, 1980. I have been in contact with the Strate Funeral Home, the Grand Coulee cemetery caretaker and the Star newspaper at Grand Coulee, but neither one can find any further information about Carrie Biggs. I have not yet ordered her death certificate...I presume you are aware that Iver and Carrie also had an older sister Olena Sherven (1872-1955) who emigrated in 1900 and lived most of her life in Towner Co., N.D.? Olena never narried, but had a son Theodore. Theodore is also deceased, but leaves a widow and seven children. I have been in contact with one of the sons, but they have absolutely no knowledge of Iver or Carrie or their families 'out west'!Very sincerely yours,Lars E. Oyane

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars E. Oyane

Nina, can you tell me the exact date of Iver Sherven's death, and do you know where he was interred?Lars E. Oyane (loya@online.no)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Erling Erickson

Nina: As Iver Sherven died in Thurston County, Washington state, USA, you might try the following website for information: http://www.rootsweb.com~wahurst/thur-gry.htm This website apparently has researchers willing to search for information on residents of Thurston County. Best of luck. Erling Erickson San Luis Obispo, CA, USA

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks, both Erling and Lars!!!! Breakthrough at last!!! I am most grateful!!!Nina.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Knut Bryn

Iver Sherven was buried in Masonic Memorial Park, Tumwater. According to the cemetry records he died June 4th 1932 aged 54.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...

I just want to tell that these missing persons mentioned above have sucsessfully been found. Thanks to everyone helping me to find them!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.