Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#8656] Reiersdater Høgelie FRIIS Hanson

Gjest friis, denny
 Del

Gjest friis, denny

I'm looking for the information where my great grandmother Emeli Reiersdater Olsen Høgelie b abt 1850 (family lore says it's 1851) married / had kids with (probably Julius, Carl Julius or Carl Gustav) FRIIS. Emeli later married a Rhinehart Pete Hanson who was born in Norway around 1853. (I have no more info on him and am very unsure if what I do have is accurate, but he was known as Pete Hanson in the US). (Until yesterday, we did not have correct spelling of Hogelie). I assume her first husand (unknown) Friis died and she remarried.Emeli had the following kids Thorval Friis - b 9-8-1878 (sailor by trade)b in Norway we believe - but may have gone by Tom/Dudley in states?Julius Theodore Friis aka Pete Hanson Jr and Pete Hanson (basically used his step-fathers name). Apparently his wife (Alice Carey) found out his real name when they married before that she didn't know his name was Julius. Family rumor says he was born on a ship on way to US - date of b maybe 12-19-1885.Henry Hanson b in US abt 1888Robert Hanson b in US abt 1892Emeli is buried in Evergreen Cemetary in NY, d. 1939, but her name is spelt differently (Amalie Hanson - I think is what the marker reads - she also went by emma and amelia) because no one in the family at the time of death knew how to spell it. She only spoke Norweigian.I'm trying to figure out the marriage between Emeli and (unknown) Friis.I do have Emeli living in Stavanger at 1865 censes with her parents and some siblings.Also, have a FRIIS family living in Stavanger in 1865 (which in theory is where family is from) with names that seemingly match based on what she named kids, but right now no connection between the two families. The parents at that household are Julius Theodore Friis b 1827 & Johanna b 1828. Their kids are listed as Johan Andreas b 1855, Janna b 1857, Trine b 1860, Julius (think also went by Carl Julius) b 1862, Elisabeth b 1864. There is also a Carl Gustav Friis b 1867 that shows up on military ships rolls - I believe traveling with Julius/Carl Julius b 1862.These parents can be found at the 1900 census, but the kids can't be found either in Norway or the US.If anyone has ANY information on any of this, PLEASE clue me in!!! Particularly looking for marriage record and record of how they got to America - settled in NY, but not sure they arrived at that port.Thanks,

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik

Under emigrantprotocolls, emigrants from Stavanger 1825-1976 you will find these persons: Johan Andreas Friis born 05.02.1856 (Salmaker) and Karl Juliussen Friis, sailor, (date of birth not mentioned).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.