Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#8746] Halvor Kravik, Nore Buskerud early 1500

Gjest Vidar Larsen
 Del

Gjest Vidar Larsen

I have been informed that the father of Stener Halvorsen Kravik who was married to Ragnhild Tordsdatter was, according to the Nore-Uvdal Bygdebok, 'Halvor (Stenarsen) Kravik' In issue no 26 of Gjallarhorn (p250) Odd Arne Helleberg states that Stener father was 'Halvor (Høljeson) Kravik'. Both sources state that Stener's mother was Turid Evensdatter, and that there was a ‘skifte' in 1546 so they are talking about the same person.As I am unable to get hold of the bygdebok, I would appreciate if somebody could look it up to see the reason why the author of the bygdebok stated that his name was Stenersen. Did the author believe it was a hard fact or was it just a possibility? Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 måneder senere...
Gjest Odd K. Stuvstad

This is a mistake in the bygdebok. Contemporary documents clearly state that the name of Stener Halvorsons father was Halvor Helgeson (Hølje and Helge is the same name (I prefer to spell it Helge)).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi Odd Thanks, I will amend my records accordingly using the information from Gjallarhorn. Mvh Vidar.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 år senere...
Gjest Anne Lise Hovdal

When vas Steinar Halvorsen born? I have a Steinar Halvorsen Kravik who was born i about 1505, og died about 1568. He married Ragnhild Torsdatter from Modum? I have as parents of Steinar Halvorsen Kravik: Halvor Steinarsen who was born in 1470-80, and Turid Eivindsdatter Busnes who was born in about 1480. Her father was Eivind Kittilson Busnes. I not very good in english, and I not understand who it was skifte on i 1546.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Odd K. Stuvstad

Steinar Halvorsen Kravik var født omkring 1505. Steinar Halvorsen var gift med Ragnhild Tordsdtr. Frøvoll fra Sigdal.Bygdeboka for Nore sier at Steinar Halvorsens far var Halvor Steinarsen. Dette er feil. Steinar Halvorsen far var Halvor Helgesen.Det var skifte etter Halvor Helgesen og Turi Eivindsdatter i 1546.Ta en titt på Odd Arne Hellebergs artikkel i Gjallarhorn #26 (Høsten 2000) for flere detaljer om slekta.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anne Lise Hovdal

Takk for svaret. Jeg har ellers mine opplysninger fra Botolf Bakliens 'Hallingslekter', og skal videre på Steinars datter Ingebjørg. Jeg har notert meg Gjallarhorn nr. 26 for fjernlån gjennom biblioteket, men det blir nok en stund til jeg kan bestille siden jeg venter på flere hefter angående slekt i Hallingdalen som jeg skal fjernlåne.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marilla Schenk

Vidar, I think it was one of your earlier entries where I read that you were anxious to flesh out your history with more than names and dates?... So I wonder if you have come across the information that the men of the Kravik family were noted woodcarvers and ,later, rosemalers. In a book called The Folk Arts of Norway by Janice S. Stewart, (2nd enlarged edition, c. 1972 Dover Publications) there was mention of them in both the carving and rosemaling chapters and it sounds as if their work may still be seen in the churches in that locale. Since I too am descended from a Kravik I wanted to follow up on this & checked in the Nore bygdebok the short while I had access to it. Though I do not really read Norwegian I could see it does talk about their artistry there. Since you read Norsk you may be able to find out more -perhaps you had already known about this?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi Anne Lise. Do not worry about your English, it is good enough to be understood. If you should have too long a delay in getting Gjallarhorn from your library, I have issue 26 at home. I will be happy to send you any information that you require.Hi Marilla, Yes you are right that any material which can flesh out a bare genealogical list is of interest. The information about wood carving and painting was news to me, although I must admit that I have not looked too hard at Kravik. From memory (I am at work when writing this) my ancestor left Kravik very early on. However if you got any photocopies or scanned pages from the bygdebok you wish to have translated, please feel free to contact me.E-mail address v.f.larsen@strath.ac.uk Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.