Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#8747] Looking for descendents after Larson`s

Gjest Mariann Stokken
 Del

Gjest Mariann Stokken

I have tried this message at this place before,(on norwegian) and got some help, but not 'found' them. I am looking after Levi Larson`s possible descendents. He lived in Superior, Wisconsin (Douglas Co.) 1920, was 27(born 1893) and unmarried. He was born in Michigan, possibly in Grand Rapids.He had a sister too, Sarah, born 1895, sure born in Grand Rapids, Mich. If anyone knows the way to go for me, or maybe you know something about this family, please answere!!!!Their parents were Christopher and Edith/Ada Larson, she born in Sweden, he born in Norway. I have tried Norway-List,(two weeks ago) but nothing heard.... Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Olle Elm

You tell us about Christopher Larsson and his wife Edith or Ada(?) who before 1895, when their daughter Sarah, was born born in Grand Rapids, Mich., came to America. Are you sure Christopher Larsson spelled his name Larsson and not Larsen? In which source have you first found the couple in the US?Possibly the wife of Christopher was not called Larsson/Larsen but a namne ending with -dotter (daughter). When you find her name and a date of birth I advise you to ask for her in http://genealogi.aland.net/discus/ This is the swedish site for genealogical questions.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

Thank you very much for your responce! Yes, I am sure that he spelled his name Larson. I have found the family in the Census 1900, in the Census 1910, and Grand Rapids Directory 1911-12. And the reason for writing Edith/Ada is that she is called Ada 1900, Eda 1910 and in the Directory 1912 it is Edith!!!(her name is not mentioned 1911 because it was not usual...only wife)Christopher was killed by a Michigan Central Engine, a awful dead in Feb.1912. Yes, I have already tried the site you recommend, asked about Ada/Edith and I got a answere from a kind Lena, and she had different values for me. Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

I`ll never give up!!!! Now I have found that Levi M Larson did`nt died in Superior, Wisc. And he is not found there after 1920..... And I have tried to get birth record for him and his sister (Sarah, born 1895), but that is not possible when you are a distant relative as me...I have got the death-certificate for his father, so I maybe could get knowing(excuse my english!) their mothers excact name, but of course no name!!! only widow! HELLO!!! are there anyone which can help???? I should really wish to find if there is descendents after Levi or Sarah, or both of them!!!! Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

YEHE!!! I think I have reasons to say YEHE!!, because I today have found in the Census 1920, a Edit Larson, widow, born in Sweden, and 50 years old('older' than in the Census 1900)She was living together with a two years older sister, (impossible to read her surname)Sundholm.(Single)And mother Mathilda Sundholm,80 ,brother Robert Lars Sundholm, with wife Ellen, and their twins Ragnar(Raynar?) and Ragnhild 4 years, and a little girl(2)called Stig Anne? It was not possible to read the names in the Census(except Mathildas), but I found Ediths mother, brother and his family on Ellis Island 1913. Edith and her sister moved about 1889.I have tried so much to find a match on Larson, and not found any relatives, now I`ll try Sundholm, if anybody can help???? Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

Hello Kristian! I`m sorry, but Levi Larson is son of Edith (Sundholm?)Larson who left Sweden, about 1889. She married a norwegian(Christopher Larson) 1892. And they got a son Levi M., born in April 1893, and a daugther, Sarah E born Nov 1895.(I wrote this in my first message) Christopher Larson died in a accident in 1912, and I havent found again his(possibly)wife, (Edith) before yesterday. And now I`m wondering if it is possible to find some of her families descendents? SUNDHOLM. Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

WOW! Good work! Just wanted to point out, the little child Stig.. is Stig Arne.I think this is your Edith: Edith Sundholm from Eksjö emigrated through Göteborg 1890 05 09 dest. Boston. Källkod 43:204:3688Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

JEPPPP!!! I`m VERY proud of myself!!!! But I need to tell that I have used all good advices from reading on what you do, and all these others good helpers!! And thank you very much about the last information, that was not found before, I have send a request to genealogi.aland.net, but now I have it.....Do you really believe it is the correct one, it looks like, but there is a 'Million'!! Larsons over there?? Yes I know that the small girl/boy was a boy, because I have found him on SSDI, but thank you even!!! Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi again, Mariann! I also found the rest of the family on the Emigranten cd. But, if you have posted on Rötter, I just 'let them do the work' for you :o) I usually dont do lookups on that cd, just in cases like yours.I think this is your Edith, even though you don't have any proof as of yet. But, the good old norwegian 'magefølelse' tell me that you have the right one. Now you just have to wait till the 1930 census gets indexed, to see if you find her, since her mother got to be over 80, it will not surprise me that also Edith lived to get really old.I will keep my eyes open in my other searches! Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

HI!! I say thanks to you Laila!! But I`m wondering what you mean with 'the rest of the family' was it others than I found on Ellis Island in 1913? I havent got any answere from 'Røtter' yet...Is it to be 'really old' to be 60????? Mariann.(just a child, only 41!!!)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Well, 'rest of the family' is the people shown in the census you've got. 'Really old'... I don't know... But, Mathilda got in to her 80s, and I think that is pretty old (I am called the Kid in Florida, still in my 30s (well.... at least for a few months), but then, where we are, 20 years south of Venice, town called Wrinklewood (Englewood on the map) I think the average age is around 60.... (and I am one of the young people there :o)))If you don't get any answer in a few dayz, I will give it. I looked at your query, have you posted a new one under other subjects than Landskap?Eksjö is in Jönköping (Småland)If you don't get any Emigranten info in a few days, tell me, and I will give it (take some time).Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

Hello Laila and all of you!! It was correct!! I found (yesterday) the phonelist for USA, and searched for Sundholm. There was some of them, but I took only care for them I thought could be Edith(Sundholm)Larson`s relatives. I was a little bit afraid of calling to the most sure one, Raynar R. Sundholm, but tonight I had the right feelings inside!!! And it was correct!!! He was the son of Edith Larsons brother(Raynar Sundholm), and he didn`t know so much about the family, but I spoked with him 20-30 min. even!!! He gave me the phonenumber to one of his brothers, and mean that he knowed more. But nobody at home!!! Try again tomorrow evening. SLEEP WELL are wished from Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

Hello Laila again, you asked some questions yesterday, but my thoughts was not useful to answere any questions..... as you sureley can understand....It is complete impossible for me to answere that about the age, my english is not so good.(It was only nonsens, but maybe I should not, when my english not is better!)I have still not heard from Sweden, but maybe the problem is that I should have wrote a new one under Småland?(Eksjø) Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

HI!! I have tried to call USA again, and I found more and more pieces of this jigsawpuzzle. I talked with another grandson of Edits brother yesterday. And he had heard the awful history about Christopher Larson`s(Edith Larson`s husband) dead. But no-one of them had heard about Levi and Sarah Larson(Edith and Christopher`s children).So then: Maybe anyone can help to find a place where I can find more about Edith Larson? What I know is that she died sometimes between 1955-60, and is burried on Greenfield Cemetery, Hampstead, Queens Co.NY. If I know the excact date for her dead, then I maybe can find a obituary, and see what`s written there.And: I have still not heard from Sweden, about the Sundholm`s. Maybe I am to impatience, it is only two days ago? Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Følgende Sundholmer reiste fra F-län, (Jönköping/Småland) Ada, 17 år, Eksjø, utv. 28.8.1880 til Dayton Edith, 23 år, Eksjø, utv. 05.09.1890 til BOston Ellen, 38 år, Eksjø, utv. 27.08.1902 til New York Ellen E, 34 år, N. Solberga, utv. 05.05.1913 til New York L. Robert, 38 år, N. Solberga, utv. 05.05.1913 til New York Lars R., 25 år, N. Solberga, utv. 02.11.1900 til New York Mathilda K. 74 år, Eksjø, utv. 05.05.1913 til New York Per, 19 år, Eksjø, utv. 19.02.1880 til Monmouth Ragnhild, 4 år, N. Solberga, utv. 05.05.1913 til New York Stig Arne, 3 år, N. Solberga, utv. 05.05.1913 til New York

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

Thank you very much Laila!!! Here was a lot of different information!! Thanks again. Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.