Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#8807] Kuvaas

Gjest Lynda Shearer
 Del

Gjest Lynda Shearer

I am looking for information on the Kuvaas family. I have very sketchy information. My grandfathers name was Johan K. Kuvaas, his parents were Knute and Beret Kuvaas. Any information would be appreciated. Best Regards, Lynda

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest N B Macdonald

Hello Lynda,You don't indicate any time period for births or emigration, so I haven't looked for your names. But I went looking for Kuvaas by clicking (on this site) on Source Categories - Census - 1900. Searched for all Farm Names beginning with 'kuvaas'. They are all in Sør-Trøndelag, and you can look at all the names/dates of people who lived there in 1900.At the bottom, you can click on the blue link for MapOnWeb if you want to find the area on a map. You don't want to search by street address but by place. Choose Sør-Trøndelag, then all places beginning with 'kuv'. Don't search on 'kuvaas' as the modern spelling is Kuvås. Just choose Kuvås from the list. You can zoom. (In my experience, the MapOnWeb site isn't very stable. Try again, maybe at another time of day.)Have fun!--Beth from Seattle

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Have you ever seen this? '1947: John K. Kuvaas was born in Trondheim, Norway on December 1864 and spent his early youth in that country. At the age of 17 he came to the USA and located in Perley, MN. He was preceded in death by his wife (Julia E.Saby, whom he married November 30, 1898, according to the Norman County Marriage Records). Surviving are seven sons, Clarence, Alfred, Joseph and Jennings of Perley, MN; Ervin of Ada, MN; Ernest of Michigan and Ingman of Albany, Oregon; four daughters, Mrs. Ted Lee, Perley, MN; Mrs. Urben Lemm of Browerville, MN; Mrs. Norbert Lemm, Hillsboro, ND and Mrs. Curtis Wold, Chicago, Illinois. Also a sister in Norway.'LenkeI can't find him at the emigrants from Trondhjem, but maybe you can. But there is a Bereth J. Kufaas from Trondhjem, widow,travelling to Chicago in 1889. Her ticket was already payed for in America.Could that possible be his mother?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lynda Shearer

Thanks to both of you for the information. This has been a difficult trek for me to find information, but I'm getting help here and there, thanks to nice people like yourselves. I'm not sure that is my great grandmother that you mention, but could be, the information that I have says she came to america in the early 1900's, but that information could be incorrect. This has been exciting learning this information. I've looked around this website a little, and hope to spend a little more time here so I can learn to get around it better. My great grandfather was Knud Arnsson, b. 1817, then changed his name to Kuvaas, he lived on kuvaasmoen farm from 1864-1896. (I looked for this farm, but couldn't find, although I probably was looking in the wrong place) He married Berit Jakobsdatter Skjellaasen, b. 1829, in 1861. The information I've gotten so far is that my great grandmother had two sons already, then married my great grandfather and had Johan K. (my grandfather) Anne, b. 1871 d. 1873 and Gjertru in 1864. This is all the information that I have so far. I'd like to try to find out my great great grandparents information, but with all these name changes, it seems impossible. Thank you for all your help. I can't wait to get searching on this website to see what information I can find. Lynda

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lynda Shearer

By the way, I just wanted to let you both know that I had just learned that information above a few minutes ago from an email I received from Norway from a man who sent me what he could find on my great grandparents.Thanks again for your help. Lynda

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

I will help you a little bit more (information from the site I showed you over here):Arnt Knudsen Stensem (Stensheim), Oppdal 1716(?)-1764 married to Marit Eriksdatter 1715-1786 son: Knut Arntsen Stensem b 1746 married to Eli Eliasdatter Wigen b 1754, she was the daughter of Elias Ingebrigtsen Mellem (Viken), Oppdal and Eli Beraugsdatter (dead 1765). son: Arnt Knudsen Stensem born 1783, married 1810 to Gjertrud Lagesdatter son: Knut Arntsen Stensem married to Brit Jacobsdatter Skjellåsen - from Skaun.Med hilsen Arnstein

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Geir Olav Øien

I have your grandfather Johan in my database. I am related to him through two of my ancestors: Steffen Olsen Solstad and Amunn Nordland. You can contact me at this e-mailadress: geir.olav.oien@c2i.net

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Have you received any info on Berits family? I guess this must be her parents living at the Skjellås farm in Skogn annex,1865.Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lynda Shearer

I do not have any information on Berit's family at all. I plan on looking a little closer when I get home from work tonight. Thank you all so much for your help. This is wonderful. Lynda

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Geir Olav Øien

I have information about Berit's ancestors. The information is taken from the bygdebok for Skaun, vol. 2. Send me an e-mail and I'll send over everything I can find in the bygdebok.From Geir Olav Øien Eidsdal, Norway

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lynda Shearer

Just an update for all you that have been so helpful. I think I found my grandfather's ship tonight. He traveled with his half brothers wife and daughter (who are also listed as Kufaas, although that was not their last name that I know of). He is listed under jon Kufaas, 6/14/1884 is the date of the ship. Thank you all for all your help. It's getting easier to look around the website and have it make a little sense to me, with all the help you all have given me. Thanks again so much for all your help! Lynda

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

There is 'Levanger-Skogn' and in former days there was 'Børsa-Skogn' or Skaun. The first mentioned Skogn is situated in Nord-Trøndelag and Skaun is in Sør-Trøndelag. Mh Arnstein (born in the one and only Skogn - in Levanger kommune)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Fossum

I found what you are locking for in Skaunaboka bind 2, page 79. Knut and Beritlived in a farm called Kuvaasmoen in Skaun, Soer Troendelag. Knut Arneson vas from Stensem in Oppdal born 1817 died in 1896.came to skaun in 1864. Berit vas born in 1829 in Skellåsen in Skaun. Her parents where Jacob Anderson born 1790, died 1877 and Guru Evensdatter born 1794, died 1869. Johan vas born in 1866 and came to USA in 1884.Per

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 7 år senere...
Gjest Renate Gulbrandsen

Hi, I can see that this thread has been silent for almost 8 years (!), and I don't know if you've found out more about your ancestors, but I thought I'd give you some info on Berit Jacobsdatter Kuvaas' descendants through her son Ole, who is my ancestor (If I'm not mistaken, you're my grandfather's 'half' second cousin), and I have some info on Berit's ancestors too:-)Here's a link to the page of Berit's parents: LenkeKind regards, Renate Gulbrandsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.