Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#8854] Anna Gustav(f)sen, Østeraa, Holt, Aust-Agder

Gjest Lynn Andersen
 Del

Gjest Lynn Andersen

Trying to verify that Anna Gustavsen or Gustafsen was the daughter of Peder Gustavsen. Peder Gustavsen is listed on the 1886 Gårdsmatrikkelen in Østeraa. I believe Dorthea Gustafsen & sons Gustaf & Georg, who apear on the 1900 census, are also his family. Peder must have died by then. Anna was born in Jan 1875, immigrated to NY in 1895. It appears she chose to use the surname Petersen in the US. She married Anders Andersen about 1898 and raised a family in Brooklyn NY. Anna is my ggrandmother. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Knut Sandblost

At the 1865 census, ther are only one Peder Gustavsen in Holt. He lived with his parents on Næs Jernverk in Holt. The same Peder Gustavsen, born 1838, was married aug 23 1867 to Ingeborg Aslaksdatter, born 1841. Peders parents were Gustav Thorsen and Gunhild Thorsdatter. Ingeborgs parents were Aslak Trondsen and Anne Gundersdatter. I dont know if Peder and Ingeborg had any children. Knut

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Familysearch, children of Peder Gustavsen and Ingeborg Aslaksdatter:-- Gunhild chr. 22.Dec.1867 Holt,--Anne chr. 21.Nov. 1869 Holt,--Anne chr. 7/4 1871 Holt,--Augusta chr. 18/5 1873 Holt.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Knut Sandblost

Anna Gustavsen from Holt, born 1874 left Kristiansand, Norway for New York sept 5 1895. Together with her traveled Olga Gustavsen, also from Holt, born 1879. Perhaps Anna and Olga were sisters? Knut

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lynn Andersen

Hi! Thank you both for being so helpful. I'm wondering if maybe Anna & Olga are sisters also. I don't know how to find out the rest of the history of Peder Gustavsen and family. We have his marriage and first couple of children, but then the trail stops. I can't find him again until 1886 on the Gårdsmatrikkelen in Østeraa. He probably has 7 or 8 children by then. Any ideas?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Churchbook for Holt in Aust Agder: Born 8.Jan.- chr. 7.Feb. 1875 Anna. Parents: Smnd/smed? Peder Gustavsen 27 Østeraa and w. Ingeborg Aslaksdt. 32.Holt Bygdbok written by Sv. Svensen (1940) p. 881. Here you can find the Gustavsen family all the way back to 1635.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lynn Andersen

That's her!!! I can't tell you how happy I am to have finally confirmed Anna's parents & birth place.I don't have access to Holt Bygdbok. Is there any way you could send me copies of the pages about the Gustavsen family or is it to many pages? You've been so much help already, I don't want to take advantage.Thanks again! Lynn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Eidet

Lynn,I have sent hard copies on the Gustavsen family, from the HOLT book, by snail mail. Didn't you get my email dated April 21?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lynn Andersen

Hi Kjell, Yes I did get your email. Sorry about the repetion of request. My email service was down, and did not get your message until after I posted the above. Guess I should have waited to get to my email. I got so excited about finally finding Anna. Patience is obviously not my best virtue. Sorry about that. Thank you all for being so helpful! Lynn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.