Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#9143] Malvik, Strinda ca. 1811 Andersen/Haugan?

Gjest Wade Anderson
 Del

Gjest Wade Anderson

Seeking parents, please, or other information regarding John Andersen, as below: ANDERSSEN, JOHN (JOHN HAUGAN) born ?/?/1811 in Malvik, Strinda, Sør-Trøndelag, Norway, d. 16 Oct 1880 and buried in Stjørdal, Nord-Trøndelag, by the Værnes Church, married 1848 at Stjørdal to PEDERSDATTER, MALI VANGEN (MALI HAUGEN / MALI PEDERSDATTER VANGEN), born 1819 in Meråker, N-Trøndelag. From 1850 lived at Krik-rommet, Værnesmoen farm. Living per 1865 census at Værnesmoen farm in Stjørdal: father John Anderssen, age 54, b. in Strinden 1812; mother Mali Pedersdatter, age 47, b. 1819 in Meråker; Anders, age 18; Ingeborg, 16; son Ole, 12; Peder, 5; daughter Marit, age 1.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid Ryen

The church records for Malvik (Strinda) are to be found in the Digital Archive. I found a John born in 1812, whose parents were Anders Andersen Sollien and Kirsten Svendsdatter. I could not tell whether this would be your John.My grandparents used to live in Værnesmoen. Krikrommet would be a cotter's farm under the Værnes farm. There were many small places like that in Værnesmoen, which is the area situated by the river Stjørdalselva. Some of the cotters were fishermen, or had some other income, as the small farms were too small to support a family. They are all long gone. Astrid Ryen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid Ryen

From the same records:Anders Andersen Sollien and Kirsten Svendsdatter Moen married in 1809. He is said to have come from Størdalen (Stjørdal) and eventually from Sweden.Kirsten Svendsdatter was born in Malvik in 1791. Her parents were Svend Hansen Moen and Marit Jonsdatter.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Wade Anderson

Astrid, thanks very much! I will keep looking at those Digital Archive records you mention as I can't seem to find them yet (under Strinden?). It is certainly possible that John's birth year is 1812 and not 1811, so it is possible that the parents you found are his; I just don't know any of his siblings, which would help. Thanks also for info about general area. This was new to me also. Should I say: Krik-rommet, or, Krikrommet? Thanks again very much.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid Ryen

It's really simple to find your way in the Digital Archive. You start from the front page, choose the English version, click on Source Categories, then on Church registers. There you may choose between baptized, married, confirmed, buried. When you click on any of these categories, the names of the counties in Norway will appear. Choose Sør-Trøndelag and you will have the church records that are available in the DA. As far as Strinda is concerned, you will have baptized, married and buried 1727 - 1910.Krikrommet would be mosr correct, I suppose. I really don't know what Krik means, but 'rommet' was used about a small farm, more like a cotter's home and the surrounding land. 'Rom' really corresponds to English 'room'.My memories from Værnes go back to my early childhood, late 1940s, early 50s. I suppose some of this area at that time looked somewhat like it used to be. Today it is completely changed. Before and during World War II an airfield for military purposes was built which later developed into the Airport of Trondheim. This airport would cover much of the area where the small farms were situated.As for John Anderssen or Haugan - in the census of 1801 you will find a farm in Strinda (Malvik)by that name which could mean that J.A. may have lived there at some time in his life.Astrid Ryen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Wade Anderson

Astrid, many thanks again. I also appreciate learning from your personal familiarity with the Værnes area. Værnes became the surname Warnes for the descendants of John Andersen & Mali, all of whose surviving children, as far as I know, emigrated to the US. Thanks also for info about Krikrommet! I've since found the DA references regarding the marriage and the 1812 birth. Hard to say this is my John (my gg-grandfather), but very interesting. I do know 1812 is certainly possible, and that Strinda is correct. Thanks again very much!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid Ryen

Jon Andersen and his siblings:(You will find them most easily, if you start with the mother's name, Kirsten Svendsdatter)Family lived at Moen: Marith, b. 1810Family lived at Sollien: Jon, b. 1812 Andreas, b. 1815Family lived at Haaset - Svian: Marta, b. 1820 Ole, b. 1821 Hans, b. 1826 Ane, b. 1831 Kirsten, b. 1831 (twins)Astrid Ryen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Wade Anderson

Astrid, sorry to bother you again, but I was wondering what might think about how likely it is that this Jon Andersen is my John Anderssen. Do you suppose, for example, that perhaps John's 1848 marriage to Mali, or maybe some other factor, might help to determine that this Jon Andersen is really the one I seek? It seems to me that the info about this Jon and his siblings and parents is probably his family. I'm just not sure that I should be sure that this is really him. Any ideas I should check further? Thanks again, Astrid!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.