Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#9280] Margrete Schierdalen fra Hallingdahl

Gjest Glenn Smith
 Del

Gjest Glenn Smith

Hello, I am looking for some information on one of my forfathers. Margrete Wilhelmsdtr was aged 46 in the 1801 census married to Ole Torchilsen living on the Schierdalen Farm in Hole,Buskerud. I have found the wedding entry for the marrage to Ole in the Parish records for Hole.There she is listed as 'Margrete Schierdalen fra Hallingdahl.' Which parish in Buskerud was Hallingdahl part of in the 1750's? I think it might be Naess but I'm not sure. Does anyone know anything about this person? Thanks in advance.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ketil Firing Hanssen

Nes is only one of several parishes in the Hallingdal valley.According to familysearch.org, Wilhelm Biørnsen and Marthe Henrichsdatter christened a daughter Margrete on Sep 28, 1755 in Nes. This is a possible candidate for your Margrete Wilhelmsdatter Schierdalen.You could try this page for further information:http://home.online.no/%7Esteinv/kirke.htm

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Glenn Smith

Thank you very much Ketil. I will follow up on this lead,I am almost sure that it is correct as Wilhelm wasn't a very common name at the time.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ketil Firing Hanssen

Glenn!You should never assume that familysearch.org is correct. You have to confirm the information with the church register unless the correctness of the information is not important to you...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Glenn Smith

Kjetil, I meant to say that it was a good place to start, but I will still be checking with the Church Register for Nes Parish. Thanks again.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Glenn Smith

Kjetil, I meant to say that it was a good place to start, but I will still be checking with the Church Register for Nes Parish. Thanks again.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.