Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#9444] Guro Vincentzd. Indre Moberg, f.1673 fra Os, HO

Gjest Marilla Schenk
 Del

Gjest Marilla Schenk

Using Fusa bygdebok led to Guro Vincentzdatter Indre Moberg f. 1673 and g. 1691 to Peder Eivindson Færstad. Would there be information about her parents in the Os bygdebok? The name Vincent seems not so common so I am curious to know more.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marilla Schenk

Nina, Thank you so much for showing me how to access the Os marriages on the net! I see there is also listed the marriage of a Vincentz Nielsson 'Mobær' in 1674. I wondered if that farm name might be a variation of Moberg but the very next entry lists a man from 'Moberg' so perhaps not. Has anyone any information linking either Vincentz Nielsson or Vincentz Michelsøn with Indre Moberg or perhaps Ferstad in the 1670's?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Tallis Sandvik

Guro Vintcentsdtr. Moberg g.m. Peder Eyvindson Kolleid from Fusa. Her parents were Vinsjans Mikkjelson Indre Moberg, born 1638. Married to Anna Larsdtr. Sør-Strønen. Vinsjans parents were Mikkjel Vinsjansen Lepsøy, 1608-1680. He was married to Anna Indre-Moberg.Both Indre-Moberg and Lepsøy is in Os. I hope this will help you along.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Terje Hatvik

Attention Marilla in Saskatchewan:Guro Vincentzdaughter indre Moberg, b.approx 1673, m. 1691 to Peder Eivindson Kolle, b. approx 1667; farmers at Ferstad from 1691 to 1725 when Peder and Guro moved Kolle in Fusa. He died there in 1729, Guro in 1747. Known children: Kari b. 1693, Ingjerd b. 1697, Eivind b. 1699. Two other kids died as infants.Guro was - as already mentioned by Mariann - the daughter of Vincentz (Vinsjans) Mikkjelson Moberg b. approx 1638, d. 1708, m. 1672 to Anna Larsdaughter Sørstrønen, b. approx 1640, d. 1727. Vincentz was a fisherman alongside farming. He had the farm on indre Moberg from 1675 to 1702, when a son-in-law took over. Their children: Guro, b. 1673 (see above), Ingeborg, b. 1681 m.1701 Ole Eliasson Skjørsand, b. approx 1664, Anna, b. 1687, m. 1709 to Nils Søvik.Vincentz Mikkelson was the son of Mikkjel Vincentzson Lepsøy; b. approx 1608 d. 1680 and Anna Jonsdaughter Moberg, b. approx 1610/15, d. around 1675. Mikkjel was farmer on Moberg from 1634 to 1675.His father, Vincentz Lepsøy, b. before 1575, d. 1631; was married to the daughter (name presently unknown) of a local Sheriff in the 1590's, Ola Lepsøy; and took over both the farm and the job after his father in law in 1603.We don't know where this Vincentz came from, and we know nothing about his whereabouts prior to his appearance on Lepsøy in Os Anno Domini 1603.Jon Moberg, b. around 1575, d. 1633; was a farmer on indre Moberg from 1595 until his death in 1633. Wife unknown (regrettably few details, if any, revealed about women in those days).Anna Larsdaughter's parents were Lars Olson Sørstrønen [also a farm in Os], b. around 1608, d. 1680 and one Ingeborg who died shortly before 1650. Apart fram be a fisherman and running his farm in Sørstrønen from 1630 to 1672, Lars too served as a local Sheriff in Os for some years and as such he seems to have been a well respected man in the parish in his time.Furthermore, holding the position of a County Sheriff in those days - 16.th century - is often an indication that the incumbent could read and write - as skill unbeknownst to many peasants/fishermen in those days. So, in a world then largely consisting of illiterates; maybe Vincentz Lepsøy and Lars Sørstrønen were amongst the few exceptions at the time?Lars was the son of one Ola Nilsson Sørstrønen who died in 1648, - wife again unknown - who runned the farm from at least 1603 until 1644.While the guys in Southern Strøno (i.e. Sørstrønen) owned their own farms, whereas the local monastry at Lyse Kloster in Os owned Moberg, both indre/inner and ytre/outer; along with nearly 2/3 of all the other farms in the parish and municipality of Os.And by the way, the Vincentz Nilsson Mobær [which quite correctly anticipated is a variation of 'Moberg'] who marries in 1674 could be a cousin of your Vincentz Mikkjelson. Anyhow they were both situated on the farm indre Moberg as neighbors/cotters. Vincentz Nilsson was six years younger than Vincentz Mikkjelson.Hope you'll find this satisfactory, Marilla.Regards, Terje in Os

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Terje Hatvik

One minor correction to my last: The sentence '.... at Ferstad from 1691 to 1725 when Peder and Guro moved Kolle in Fusa ...' should read: '.... when Peder and Guro moved back to Kolle in Fusa ...' and thus assuming that Peder went back to his place of birth, where he had his roots.Good luck in your forthcoming efforts to track down distant forefathers and ancestors in Norway!Terje

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marilla Schenk

To Terje Hatvik:Thank you VERY much for your wonderful answer - the kind of help one can usually only dream of getting and it was so satisfying to read. I appreciate your kindness in replying so thoroughly very much. Regards, Marilla

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 5 år senere...
Gjest Kjellaug Robberstad Petit

I just discovered this old thread and saw that it was about my forefathers too.Terje, I might be wrong, but wasn't Ola Nilsson Sörströnen married to Marta Monsdtr Heggland? She must have been his second wife, however, and not Lars's (b. 1608) mother as she was approximately of the same age!There should be something about this in Os III, p. 689 - II, p. 377When Ola Nilsson died, she married Ola Bårdsson Sundöy.I have Ola Nilsson Sörströnen's parents as Nils Sörströnen and Ingjerd. He was also called 'Old Nils'. Nils farmed Sørstrønen 2 until 1600. (Os-boken p. 548-549, and Sørstrønen 2 in Os II, p. 381)I have a lot of men called Vincent/Vinsjians from Fusa and Samnanger in my data, but I have not yet found their common ancestor.Regards Kjellaug

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...
Gjest Marilla Schenk

Thank you, Kjellaug, for taking the time and trouble to add here another generation back from Ola Nilsson Sørstrønen! Thanks for listing the source and page references as well. The Os books are listed as being available at the Chester Fritz Library in North Dakota so now I look forward to having a good look at them next opportunity that I get.If you ever find the original Vincent/Vinsjans I hope you will write into the forum about it. There are so many of us who appreciate all you contribute to the questions on any of the Bjørnefjorden communities! I smile when I see any questions from Samnanger and Fusa because I know you will soon be answering and you have never disappointed! Thank you!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.