Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#9447] Charles Durie

Gjest Bob Maysmor
 Del

Gjest Bob Maysmor

To all you wonderful people who replied to my query - thank you. BUT I am so frustrated as I do not speak Norwegian and I know there is some exciting informating waiting for me. PLEASE can someone assist with translating into English. Thank you - Thank you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest R Bjerke

I / We would be happy to assist you in translating whatever you need translated. Just post the text you need translated in this forum :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bob Maysmor

R Bjerke - thank you. The information about the Duries is in various messages in listing 9117 posted earlier today.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest R Bjerke

Here it goes:------------------ Per Hansen, Brumunddal, Hedmark, 03.05.2002 09:31 (1) ------------------ Looking for more information on Charles Durie, which was a British Consul in Oslo/Christiania in the beginning of the 18th century. He was married with Eliza Hall Durie, born 13th Feb.1843, she was a widdow. I know they had a son which also was named Charles Durie (born 19th Dec 1806 in England). The son was married in Kristiania (Oslo) and had a daughter called Elisabeth Hall Durie, born 27th March 1834. She was mentioned as his oldest daughter. The son was later married in Sør-Odal, Hedmark, Norway. If there are someone that knows if consul C.Durie had more children, or maybe who the son was married to, i would be glad to recieve that information. Mvh Per Hansen. ------------------Nina Møller Nordby, Bohuslän (Solkysten), 03.05.2002 11:16 (2) ------------------ On Familysearch.com i found a Helen and a Vilhelm Durie which got married. They could be children of your consul.Hellen DURIE, gm Peter EGER on the 10th Jun 1836 in Domkirken, Oslo.VILHELM DURIE, gm DORTHEA CHRISTINE HOLMSEN on the 5th Jan 1850 in Kraakstad, Akershus, Norway. In the 1865 census there is a former shopkeeper Wilhelm Durie in Kristiania, 47 years old, born in Ullensager. This means he's born in 1818. If this is the consuls son or grandchild i don't know.Have you looked for Durie in Genforum? There is a person looking for norwegian Durie family there: [url="http://genforum.genealogy.com/durie/>http://genforum.genealogy.com/durie/The writting in the censuses can vary, i found a Durrye in Fredrikshald. Do you know where in Skottland the family came from? Where was tjos Charles born? ------------------Per Hansen, Brumunddal, Hedmark, 03.05.2002 12:27 (3) ------------------ Hi Nina. Many thanks for your answers and help so far. I've been looking at the Durie family in Genforum and saw that they were looking for a Tim Durie. The son of consul Durie emmigrated to Texas with his wife and many children. Have alot of information onf the family in Norway and in Texas, which i thought i was going to send to Tim Durie. I don't know where the family came from in England and when they were born. I have sent an email to the British embassy in Oslo to hear if they could help me with this case. Maybe they have a list of earlier consuls and ambassadors. Mvh Per. ------------------Else Kari Ulven Vilhelmsen, Moelv, 03.05.2002 14:42 (4) ------------------ Hi Per in Brummundal'n. I have also sent a mail to that adress, interested if we get any answer. My consul i don't know the name of, just that he was married with a Scotish lade with the maiden name Potter. Hilsen Else Kari ------------------Berit Knudsen, Oslo, 03.05.2002 15:41 (5) ------------------ When i searched in Norway on the lastname on Fam.Search i got these results: Anna Helene born Okt 1857 in Odalen, parents Charles Durie and Mrs. Pauline Durie.Gina Kristina Durie born 1873 Odalen, parents Knut Albert Durie and Lena Masthea Gullrandeen.Knut Albert Durie born ca. 1849 Odalen.Helen Durie married 10th Jun 1836 in Domkirken (church) with Peter Eger.Knut Albert Durie married 1872 Odalen? Lene Masthea Gullrandeen.Ragna Elise Durie married 26th March 1892 in Paulus church. Nils Peter Gotfred Holter.Vilhel Durie married 5th Jan 1850 in Kråkstad, Dorthe Christine Holmsen. ------------------Berit Knudsen, Oslo, 03.05.2002 15:58 (6) ------------------ Hi, I forgot a personen i found: christened 24 Oct 1807 Dunfermline, Fife Scotland - Catharine Durie, parents Charles Durie and Eliza Hall. It looks like he's either from Scotland or was in the country at the time. You will also find more in the 1865 census. ------------------Nina Møller Nordby, Bohuslän (Solkysten), 03.05.2002 16:23 (7) ------------------Hi Brumunddal! I would continue to look in Dunfermline, Fife in Scotland and i have found a discussiongroup for Durie family, iguess they have good information about who emmigrated. ------------------Else Kari Ulven Vilhelmsen, Moelv, 03.05.2002 16:50 (8) ------------------ ------------------Nina Møller Nordby, Bohuslän (Solkysten), 03.05.2002 17:06 (9) ------------------ ------------------Per Hansen, Brumunddal, 06.05.2002 13:41 (12) ------------------ To Else Kari in Moelva. I haven't recieved an answer from the Embasy yet, but are still waiting.Nina Møller Nordby, Bohuslän (Solkysten), 26.05.2002 09:45 (14) ------------------ Look at the new discussion 9440, 'Who was Wilhem Durie'. Maybe someone could help Bob from New Zealand? ------------------Ola Klefsås, Koppang, 27.05.2002 00:37 (15) ------------------ More persons are looking for this family, i have just about now, added an answer on this page:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest The Duries in Norway

Thankyou R Bjerke for translating the Durie information. I will study it all - I think I will have some more questions!! I will tell the complete story when I have it compiled so it is on the Norwegian database.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

I sendt a message to Tim Durie personally yesterday about Charles Durie and his family and their emigration to Amerika. Maybe you could contact him by e-mail in America.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Charles Durie

Hi Berit I am in daily contact with Tim Durie - we are each helping each other with family information - thanks.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Charles Durie lived at the farm Øvre Øien farm nr. 94/1 in S-Odal in Hedmark. Maybe someone can help you with the books.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.