Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#9521] Who were parents of Ragna Elise Durie married 26.03.1892 in Paulus Church?

Gjest Bob Maysmor
 Del

Gjest Bob Maysmor

Where can I find the parent's names and the birth date of Ragna Elise Durie who married Nils Peter Gotfred Holter in Paulus Church 26th March 1892? Would there be any records online that may have this information?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Maybe she was born in Kristiania. In the 1900 census a Durie, Dorthea Kristine (widow), is listed. She's born in Ski 1830.07.02.I believe that this must be the same person listed together with her husband in Kristianina 1865: Wilhelm Durie, born 1819 Ullensager. Dorthea Christine Durie, wife,1830 Skie parish. Carl Wilhelm Durie, son,1854 Christiania. Hanna Marie Durie, daughter,1863 Christiania.Then in the 1875 census for Kristiania Ragna Elise is mentioned as Daree. At least I think it must be them: Dorthea Daree,widow,1830 Kraakstad. Hanna Daree, unmarried daughter,1860 Kristiania. Ragna Elise Daree,unmarried daughter,1866 Kristiania.So, Ragna Elise's parents must be Dorthea Christine, born 1830 Kraakstad in Ski parish, and her father Wilhelm Durie born 1819 in Ullensaker parish.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bob Maysmor

Hi Nina - that was clever! I have not come across the spelling as Daree before. I looked at the 1875 census page with the Darees on and further down the page sitting by herself is a Marie Daree born 1864. Strangely she is not showing in the 1865 census under Durie or Daree. So it seems there was a daughter named Anna Marie and also a daughter named Marie. Under family status Marie is - Enkefru Darees d. Under Occupation - Fors. af nr 14 (moderen) Perhaps you could help me with the meaning of these words. Thanks

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Yeahhhh, clever....thats genealogy, never settle down with one solution!!!'Enkefru Darees d. Under Occupation - Fors. af nr 14 (moderen)''Widow Daree (or widow after Daree). died under occupation. Provided/supported by number 14 (the mother)' or it could be'Widow Daree (or widow after Daree)died. Under occupation. Provided/supported by number 14 (the mother)'The d must be for dead I think.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bob Maysmor

Nina help me! This doesn't add up correctly! 1865 census - Dorthea Christine Durie born 1830 Skie Sogn. 1875 census - Dorthea Daree born 1830 Kraakstad. Can these people be the same? Is Kraakstad the same as, or near Skie Sogn??1865 census - Hanna Marie Durie born 1863. 1875 census - Hanna Daree born 1860. 1875 census - Marie Daree born 1864. - Three similar names - all different dates.Why were Hanna Daree and Maree Daree not in the 1865 census as children of Wilhem & Dorthea Durie? I start to wonder if we have a different family with similar names? A very big coincidence! Are the census dates usually accurate?1875 census lists Marie Daree born 1864 Kristiania, as enkefru Darees d. She was only 11 years old so couldn't be a widow - and her mother Dorthea in the same list is still alive listed as kone?I think I am now more confused...but thats what genealogy is all about! Why do we do it!!All I wanted to do was find a family for poor little Ragna Elise Daree born 1866 - but I think I have dug a big hole!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Aha sorry.........'d' must be for daughter!! And no the dates ain't accurate, but this is the same family. No doubt about that. Kraakstad was/is in Ski parish.Hanna Marie is listed in the 1865 census. Both Hanna and Marie in the 1875 census as separate persons.This Marie was born in 1864 (could be 1865), and she's not in the 1865 census for logical reason, maybe she wasn't born yet! ANd people often named theire children with equal names.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Married Paulus churck in Kristiania 26. March 1892 Nils Peter Gotfred Holter, travelling salesman, b. 1866 Kristiania, conf. Paulus 1.Oct. 82, father schoolteacher Kristoffer Nilsen Holter---and Ragna Elise Durie, Jens Carlsensgade 4, Kristiania, b. 1869, conf. 5.Oct. 84 Paulus, father merchant Vilhelm Durie.Confirmed Paulus chr. 5.Oct. 1884 Ragna Elise Durie 19.June 69-2.Jan. 70 Kristiania, Vår Frelsers menighet, Sofienbergg. 13, merch. Vilhelm Durie(+) and Dortea Kristine Holmsen.Born 19.June 69 - chr. 2.Jan. 70 Vår Frelsers menighet(Oslo Domkirke) Ragna Elise, parents merch. Vilhelm Durie (50) and wife Dorthea Christine, b. Holmsen (39), Brogade 7.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

I have been looking for Daniel b. 1841 Odalen. Nothing 1839-1842 Strøm (S-Odalen) and N-Odalen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Since you have so many different debates here I will answer in this one. Maybe you know it all, but...I have been looking in the Bygdebøker from S-Odalen: Sør-Odal III p. 288 Os/Ous farm: Pauline Paulsdatter b.ab. 1814 Kjølstad, Nes 1.married to Friderich Must Hagerup +1838, 30 y. Children: Hans Henrik 1838(36?), Anthon Emil 1837 and Fredrikke Mustava 1838-50. 2. married 1841 Charles (Carl) Durie from England ab. 1804. Children: Elisabeth 1842, Carl chr. Feb.22 1844, Knud Albert 1846, David Stork 1847, Paul Robert 1848, Fredrikke 1851, Arthur Walesby 1853 and Anna Hellen 1856. Ous was a farm with a guesthouse.Øien farm VIII: Charles Durie died 1882 Bosque Texas. Had 1 daugther Emilie b. 1839 outside marriage, mother Eline Embretsdatter Gravberget. He probably was a farmhand at Os and was married to the widow in 1841.Lassens samlinger/collection about the name Durie: The married couple Wilhelm Durie (+Chra. 1875 9.May 55 y. (illegitimate child of deceased generalkonsul Durie) and Dorthea b. Holmsen, in Kristiania lost a son Oscar Christenius, 4y. 1.Dec. 1870.---Paul R. Durie b. Vestre Ous S-Odal 18..., died in McKinny, Collin-County Texas 21.Feb. 1873, and left behind parents, brothers and sisters in Norway (S-Odalen?)-----Charles Durie Texas lost 1874 his wife Pauline, b. Paulsen, who was 60 y. Her brother A. Paulsen also died there the same year and month. (Morgenbladet 11/3 1874).----C. Durie at Alunværket outside Christiania, lost 1834 27.March his oldest daughter 'Elisabeth Hall' (Durie?) who died after many years of weakness.---Helene Durie married 18... Peter Eger(later fogd in Aker). She died 185..., and Peter 1895 19.March Drøbak, 84 y.----Ragne Elise Durie was engaged March 1888 to Nils P. G. Holter, both born in Kristiania.----Dorthea Durie Kristiania, lost 1892 2.April her fosterfather, proprietær Rasmus Holmsen.----Miss Hanne Maria Durie, died in Kristiania June 1896, 32 y.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bob Maysmor

Thank you Berit - You have given me some new information - I had much of it but you have certainly helped.Can you please tell me what the Lassens samlinger/collection is - is it a website? Can you give me the url?A few queries - You said Dorthea Durie lost (died?) 2 April 1892. But she is still listed in the 1900 census as living.- or do you mean her fosterfather died on that date?Charles lost his eldest daughter Eliza Hall 1834 - could it possibly have been his wife?? Charles Durie the consul had a wife Eliza Hall. His son Charles may have had a daughter of the same name but there is no record of his marriage until he married Pauline Hagerup in 1841. Does the death notice of Eliza Hall give the mother's name?The final piece of information that I seek are the parents names of Helene Durie who married Peter Eger in 1836. Would their names be on the marriage record?? You said Helene died 185... - could the date not be read?Thank you Berit. I have had some wonderful help from this forum and have now nearly completed the record of the Durie family in Norway.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Lassens Collection = Lassens Samlinger. It is a lot of books, but also on film. It was Dorthea who lost her fosterfather in 1892. Sorry but I do not know what url means. I do not know anything more than I wrote. It said Charles eldest daughter Elisabeth Hall. About the date Helene died 185.., no more was written. Some of it may not be exactly, but it gives you dates and places for churchbooks.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.