Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#9601] Need help to search for TARONT's family

Gjest TARONT Jean-Claude
 Del

Gjest Lars G. Hukkelaas

Hei. Dette ser ut til å være en av mange feilskrivninger av norske navn 'TARONT' er ikke et norsk navn. Regner med at det skal være TROND SIGURDSON som reiser sammen med sin familie. MVH Lars.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Ok, maybe in France. But you asked for help to find Taront Sigurdsen in Norway ......... So in Norwegian genealogy Sigurdsen will be his last name!! Taront must be some kind of misspelled name, or a change of his first name.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars Jørgensen

Hi Jean-Claudethe way the name is listed in the ship list of 1850 clearly indicates that the surname (last name) is Sigurdsen - look at what is most likely his brother at line 67, and his sons and/or nephews at lines 69-72.Furthermore, Taront is neither a Norwegian surname nor a first name (and has never been). As said by others, this is probably a mis-interpretation of another norwegian first name - e.g. 'Trond', 'Targier', 'Tarald' etc.I am sorry to say, but I am 99,99 percent certain that you are NOT related to this TARONT sigurdsen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest TARONT Jean-Claude

OK I have understood .But Taront is not an usual first name and it's not also an usual Last name too .It's very difficult too find it also in France . I've found TARONT in USA and i thought it was the link between Europe and USA .It seems a false idea but maybe there is something else like changing his last name and take his old last name to a first name.thank you all for your helpbye

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

From the Norwegian 1801 census: Try one of these,Hvidesøe parish,Telemark County: Tiøstov Sigursen,3 years in 1801 Targie Sigursen,1 year in 1801 Targie Sigursen,13 years in 1801[url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/WebCens.exe?slag=hentglobal&register=fornavn&pgj=128&teljing=ft1801&filnamn=f10829.wc2&amt=8&funnenr=224>LenkeOR Tarje Sigursen, 1 year in 1801.Moland (Fyresdal= parish, Telemark County.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bjørn Davidsen

I guess the sex 'm' on Taront Sigurdsen* is wrong. It's not a man, but a woman - the wife of John Sigurdsen. And the next names are their children - they too marked with an * behind Sigurdsen because Sigurdsen is not their patronym.Try the 1801 census and you'll see that this female name is spelled in many ways as Taaraand, Thorond, Taaront ... I think this is the same female name that we today spell as Torun/d or Thorun/d.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars Jørgensen

I agree with Bjørn that 'Taront Sigurdsen' is most likely the wife (should have realised that immediately). Hence, we can all search further for this 'Taront' in the cecus of 1801.Nevertheless - the probability that a mis-spelled first name of a woman in 1850 should 'transform' to a french family name, is still very low.I think we are victims of 'super-technology' here - A world-wide integrated information base that allows for errors that in normal cases would have been 'filtered' out much earlier (on the other hand; The different perspective of such automtatic searches may often reveal things we are not able to see using conventional methods).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.