Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#9660] A. Nicolaisen & family from Rakkestad to Napier, New Zealand on 'Hovding'in 1873

Gjest Ann Lawrence
 Del

Gjest Ann Lawrence

Looking for information on Anders Nicolaisen B)4 June 1835 son of Nicolai Pedersen & Birthe Olsdatter. Anders married Caroline Johannesdatter 7 Jan 1859. They emigrated to NZ in 1873 with their 5 children. Would like to find the area in Rakkestad where they came from, and any other information.Thank You Ann

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

I do not know anything about the area, but Anders lived at the farm Sørenhougen in 1865. Maybe it was his parents who lived at Levernæs gård in 1801. If so, Anders was then 1 y. old. Maybe someone else know anything about the 2 farms Sørenhaoug and Levernæs.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ann Lawrence

Thank you for the great information about Anders & Caroline Nicolaisen. Could any one tell me where Sorenhougen, Kapteinbraathen and Leverness are in Rakkestad? Also is there a bygdboker for the areas? Thank you once again for you help.Ann

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Halvor Aaby

Sørenhaugen was a cottage belonging to the Holøs farms in 1865. I don't exactly know where Sørenhaugen was situated, but Holøs lies a few hundred meters NW of Rakkestad railway station. In Holøsåsen are there built very many new houses in the last 30 years.Kapteinsbråten lies near the river Glomma, about 1 km from the border between Rakkestad and Varteig. The nearest farm to Kapteinsbråten is Kolabotn where the rather well known writer and debattant Tore Stubberud lives. Kapteinsbråten belonged to the farm Grav in 1865.I don't think Levernes has anything to do with your ancestors, but Levernes is a group of 3 farms situated near the road between Rakkestad and Aremark, about 9 km SE of Rakkestad centre.I think I found Ole Nicolaisen in Glemminge, close to Fredrikstad, in 1900. He was a bill collector, born in Rakkestad 1840, and married to Anne Regine Jensd. born 1848 in Rakkestad. They had the children: Pauline b. 1886, Olaf Rudolf b 1889 and Anne Elise b. 1892. All the children were born in Glemminge.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ann Lawrence

Halvor Aaby, thank you for the information on the place names. Have found some of them on a detailed map of Ostfold area. Also the information on Ole Nicolaisen & his family. Another piece to the jigsaw solved.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.