Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#9757] Aurskog&Enebakk, Akershus farm book lookups, please-Lina Jakobsen, born 1859

Gjest Roger Thauland
 Del

Gjest Roger Thauland

Wife of Olaf Gunerius Olsen in 1900 census, i cannot find her in the 1865 census. says born 1859 in Urskoug. I am trying to find Olaf in the US, he was born 1870 in Enebakk and came to America(alone it seems) in 1904 and 1906 per the pass lists. Perhaps there are farm book references? Thank you, Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Kornstad

According to the Enebakk Churchbook 11, Olaf Gunnerius Olsen was born in Enebakk May 10, 1870 and christened Aug. 7. The parents were not married. Mother: Karen Gudbrandsdatter, Kongell under Nes in Ytterbygda, born 1846. Father: Ole Nielsen. Sponsors: Berthe Larsdatter, Rina Solli, Kaia Ødegaarden, Nils Tangen, Anton Altona.Lina Jacobsen’s name in the 1865-census was Theoline Jacobsdatter. She was born in Urskog (now Aurskog) April 13, 1859 and christened May 15. Her confirmation was Sept. 27, 1874. She came to the farm Orderud in Enebakk from Haneborg in Aurskog in 1887. June 13, 1890 she married Olaus Hansen, born 1863 in Enebakk. He must have died abt. 1893, because April 4, 1894 she married worker Olaf Gunerius Olsen. His father was given as Ole Nielsen Tomter, a tailor, and her father was a cotter, Jacob Thoresen Høgsæte (in Aurskog).Hilsen Laila Kornstad.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Kornstad

Lina’s first husband Olaus Hansen died April 25, 1893 and was buried May 2. He died from tuberculosis. He was then a cotter under the farm Støttum. Laila Kornstad.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Thank you, my cousin in Enebakk thinks Lina may have died before Olaf left Norway, i will research him this week in the US federal census and have 'longshot' obit lookups done when the middle initial is 'G'.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid Gran Skjæret

If Lina was not dead befor Olaf left Norway, this could be a possible candidate: Emigranter over Kristiania 1871-1921, dep. date 28.9.1906 Theoline Ols. Maastad, 47. She was going to Wisconsin, to join her husband. Astrid

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Roger Thauland

I've (and others!) have been looking into Andreas Maastad, the 8 year old(in 1906) traveling with Olaf and Theoline. He was Andrew in America, born 15 may 1898 in Oslo to Theodora Askildsen(b1869,mandal), so he is Andre Askildsen in the 1900 census. Just how he came to be 'adopted' i do not know, the mother was unmarried, the father was; his name was given as Martinius Nygaard. Andrew lived in Trempealeau county, Wi, near French Creek and Ettrick. According to some who knew him, he was was wearing his Oshgosh overalls till the end at age 98(d 21oct1996) in a nursing home in Blair. Never married. Still researching Olaf and Theoline-they must be nearby.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...
Gjest Roger Thauland

All three rest(side by side) in the French Creek Lutheran Church cemetery, by Ettrick. She was buried as Lena Maastad, died Feb 11, 1928. Its sad that the microfilmed local newspaper is missing the needed issue. He was buried as Oluf Maastad, died Nov 8 1933 at a LaCross hospital; his passing was noted in the Ettrick paper, French Creek section.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.