Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#9794] Johan Andreas Leistad, Trondheim

Gjest Espen Leistad
 Del

Gjest Espen Leistad

Kan noen hjelpe meg med å finne ut hvem som var min oldefars foreldre? Hans navn er Johan Andreas Leistad, født 7/4-1868 (tr.heim/strinda?) Årstall, hvor de er født, bodde, osv. post i arkivet: 6647/31337

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid Ryen

Hvilket arkiv refererer du til? Har du funnet din oldefar i FT 1875 eller 1900?Såvidt jeg jeg kan se av FT 1900, finnes gårdsnavnet Leistad, Leistadbakk etc. i Malvik. Har du prøvd å lete i Døpte i Strinden 1727 - 1910 (Malvik) som finnes her i Digitalarkivet?Mvh Astrid Ryen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...
Gjest LEISTAD of MALVIK og TRONDHJEM

E-post myfamilyconnections2@yahoo.com Innlegg My great great grandmother was a LEISTAD, Othelie Christina LEISTAD of Trondhjem. Her father was Ole Christens. Leistad born at Leistad to Christen Olsen Boestadtrøen and Maren Olsdatter Nedre Leistad born about 1791 she was the daughter of Ole Anderssen Leistad Mellom and Marit Andersdatter VIST Ole Anderssen Leistad Mellom and Marit Andersdatter Vist and several children Anders Olsen Leistad was one of them.What I'll do is give you what is in the book on Kristen/Christen and Maren:NEDRE LEISTADHAUG Kristen Olsen Bostadtrø married to Maren Olsdatter Leistad Nedre had the place in the 1820s. Of their children we know: 1. Ole Andreas, b. 1821 married Marta Pedersdatter Fevoll. They leased Øvre Leistadtrø. 2. Andrea, b. 1827 married Halvor Ellingsen Sørås. They leased Nedre Auntrø.ØVRE LEISTADTRØ Ole Andreas Kristensen Nedre Leistadhaug ran this place in 1865. Their children were: 1. Marit, b. 1853 2. Kristen, b. 1858 3. Pauline Margrete, b. 1861 4. Jonetta, b. 1864These you can find on RHD/NHDC for 1865 at Leistadtrø. Different spellings.NEDRE AUNTRØ Halvor Ellingsen Sørås married to Andrea Kristensdatter Leistadhaug Nedre ran this place in 1865. They had 8 children: 1. Jonetta, b. 1848 2. Edvard, b. 1851 3. Kristen, b. 1853 4, Marta Dortea, b. 1855 5. Ole Andreas, b. 1856 6. Henrik, b. 1860 7. Anne Paulibe, b. 1862 8. Martine, b. 1863Please write to Olaf Kringhaug at this address for further informationkringhaug@shaw.caI am trying to remember where I have a relation of Johan Andreas Leistad in Iowa, USA who is the great granddaughter of this person. I will see what I can do.Kimberley Page Plainview, Nebraska, USA myfamilyconnections2@yahoo.com

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kimberley Page

Here is some more information about your Johan Andreas Leistad and more on his family. KimLenkeEmail address jcacker@aol.comFirst Generation 1. Andreas1 Anderssen Leistad, son of Anders Olsen Leistad Nedre and Olava Sivertsdr Hommelvik Nedre, was born Norway, 1827. Andreas died 1903 Norway, at age 76.He married Maritha Jonetta Johnsdr Leistadtroe 1862 in Trondhjem, Norway.Maritha was born 1842 in Trondhjem, Norway. Maritha was the daughter of Jon Estensen Bjoernstad Soendre and Marith Paulsdr Midtsandtroe. Maritha died 1912 Norway, at age 70. The surname ending of troe means a minor part of a farm, in this case it means that Leistadtroe was under Leistad, the main farm.Andreas Anderssen Leistad and Maritha Jonetta Johnsdr Leistadtroe had the following children:+ 2 i. Martha2 Andersdr Leistad. + 3 ii. Andrew Anderssen Leistad. 4 iii. Anna Martha Leistad. She married Paul Torgersen. Anna and Paul had six children. Following the death of Anna Martha, her niece, Ragna Leistad, took care of the children. + 5 iv. John Andreasen Leistad was born 27 February 1862.5. John Andreasen2 Leistad (Andreas1 Anderssen Leistad) was born in Malvik, Trondhjem, Norway, 27 February 1862. The following is taken from the church registers for Malvik, Strinda, period 1850-1888, page 31:Birthdate: 27/02-62 Baptized: 21/04-62Name: John Leistadtroe (norwegian oe, slashed o)Parents: Pige (unmarried woman) Maritha Jonetta Johnsdr Leistadtroe and Uk. (Ungkar, means unmarried man, bachelor) Andreas Anderssen Leistad. Engaged. (Not married at the time).Witnesses: Hmd (Husmann) John Estensen Leistadtroe, Kone (wife) Magnhild Olsdr Leistad, Uk. Johan Anderssen Leistad, Pige Kirsten Sophie Andersdr Leistad, Pige Martha Johnsdr Leistadtroe, Uk. Esten Johnsen Leistadtroe.Leistad is a farm-name located at Malvik which is approximately 20 km north-east of Trondheim. The surname name ending of troe indicates a minor part of a farm, in this case it means that Leistadtroe was under Leistad, the main farm.John died 20 or 21 June 1943 in Elk Horn, Shelby Co., IA, at age 81.He married Maren Johnna Jensen 21 April 1892 or 93 in Elk Horn, Shelby Co., IA.Maren was born 16 August 1874 in Odense, Fynn, Denmark. Maren was the daughter of Ole Jensen and Marie ? Jensen. Maren died 26 January 1939 in Elk Horn, Shelby Co., IA, at age 64.Maren came to the United States in 1892 with her brothers, Chris and Peter Jensen. She was to marry her childhood sweetheart; but by the time she arrived in Iowa, he had died of appendicitis. She then sought employment, becoming the housekeeper of her future husband, John Leistad.John immigrated to the United States in 1883 when he was 19 years old. A family story tells that he had only about 25 cents in his pocket when he arrived at Ellis Island and that a gentleman from Connecticut befriended him and offered him a job. John took the job, so during his short stay in Connecticut he learned some English form the daughter of his employer. John didn't like Connecticut, so he went to the midwest, possibly Minnesota, where he worked as a lumber man. It was there that he met a Dane who had told him about the Danish community at Elk Horn, Iowa. John took the train to Iowa, disembarking at Marne. He then walked to Elk Horn, arriving there in the night. John was a farmer and president of the Atlantic Northern Railway Company.John Andreasen Leistad and Maren Johnna Jensen had the following children:+ 14 i. Anna Marie3 Leistad was born 29 December 1893.(1) + 15 ii. Olga Juletta Leistad was born 29 August 1896. + 16 iii. William Bernhard Leistad was born 24 September 1898. + 17 iv. Alfred Edmund Leistad was born 28 February 1901. + 18 v. Elna Ragnhil Leistad was born 10 May 1903. + 19 vi. Dagny Gudrun Leistad was born 21 September 1905. + 20 vii. Agnes Sophia Leistad . + 21 viii. Elsie Marite Leistad . + 22 ix. Norman Gudman Leistad was born 20 February 1913.Please write to jcacker@aol.com

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.