Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#9799] Vaksdahl

Gjest Carol Ellefson
 Del

Gjest Carol Ellefson

I would like to know where I can find baptism records for people from Vaksdahl. I would also like to know if there are any pictures online of Vaksdahl. I think I saw some of the mill at some time, but dont know what site.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen

Here`s a picture from Vaksdal winter 2002(copy and paste whole link): vaksdal.kommune.no/images/stader,%20vaksdal,%20stor.JPG And here`s some info from the Osterfjord tourist association: www.osterfjord.net/engelsk/index.htmThe old name for Vaksdal is Bruvik/Brudvik parish, but you will find most of the records for the area under Haus parish, and some under Voss, Evanger and Hosanger: digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/wc/webcens.exe?slag=ngmeny&fylke=12&nkommune=1251&spraak=eIf you need help, post the names you are searching for, and there are lots of helpers here!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carol Ellefson

Thank you for the reply. I found that I was spelling Vaksdal wrong- was doing Vaksdahl, so nothing would come up. Now I have found the information that is online. I am looking for the emigration of Sjur and Niels Pederson from Vaksdahl, Brudvik Sogn, Haus Prestgjeld. Also any information on father Peder Thomasson and wife Britha Sjursdatter. I see there are Bygdboks, but dont think they are available in the US. Again-Tusen Tak !

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Niels Pederson was born Feb 20th 1850, christened March 24th 1850 in Haus.Here`s the family in the 1865-census for Haus, the farmname was then spelled Vaksdahl, so you weren`t that wrong: Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Peder Thomassen b. 1811, was the son of Thomas Olsen. He married Britha Sjursdtr. b. 1814, daughter of Sjur Knudsen, on June 24th 1838 in Haus.I am sure someone at the forum here has the bygdebok and can look them up for you. You can also read the books yourself at UND, Grand Forks or Concordia College library.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I have to post separately, because I don`t seem to get the links (Klikk) to work properly if I don`t.Here`s the marriage of Britha`s parents:Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carol Ellefson

Thank You so much ! I had looked at the marriages, but couldn't figure out which were the right ones. I will post another quirey about the emigration dates. Tusen Tak ! Carol

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.