Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#9906] translation please, of 9786, about Chicago and Amalie Jensen

Gjest Roger Thauland
 Del

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

Marianne, what is 'Norway Roots'? I found some Sommerour, but that was from the 1700s in England...Summerour is more common.I think you should start getting more info on the siblings, maybe find some obituaries or something. After what I can see, the search for Amalie is rather needle...... LailaLaila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Hansen

I have find a Ralph Johansen in Wachington. Granson of Anna sister to Amalie. Hope that he is the right person, he most be almost 86 years old. I have wrote a letter to him sending it to morrow and hope that I get some answer.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Hansen

I just call Ralph Johansen in Washington, he was not in my family. I belive that Amalie is difficult to find, so I think I give it up. I don`t now where els to lock

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Too soon to give up, i found two Ralph's in the ssdi, the 1914 had a middle name of Gordon,so its not him; the 1913 birth is a possible, so i've asked a library site to do a Washington state death index lookup to obtain the day, then someone will do a obit lookup. I have also requested index lookups for Nicoline and Jorgen. This could take awhile, anyone have quicker access to these resources? Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

..still awaiting the obits, Heather McLeland-Wieser at SPL has searched Seattle City books 1919-1939 and found that Jorgen and Nicholina(a janitor) listed thru 1928. Either moved or died. Not all deaths were properly recorded. Perhaps the 1930 census will help, when will the index be available?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Hansen

I have found a Amalie Larsen married 20jul-1891 in Cook, IIIinois to a Edward Hansen.I think that Summero is a place or a farm name. marriage licenses 1871-1916 Cook county IIIinois county Clerk. Is it possible to check it out if this is my Amalie?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Hansen

I found two 1: Hanna Johnson (daugther to anna and Axel) born 18 nov. 1889 d. dec.1963 social Security nr. 386-10-8037, Michigan. 2. Hanna Johnson b. 18-2-1889 d. mar 1971. social security nr. 532-03-4079 Seattel, King, Washington.Can this be Anna and Axel`s son in law: Ralph Johnson b. 21 nov 1885 d. aug 1967 s.s.nr. 374-22-7565 Michigan,zip c.48601,Saginaw, Michigan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

I can look at film for Amalie Larsen in a few weeks, the local FHC is mostly closed in Aug and i am traveling. I'll request the day from SPL, and order Seattle Times film at my PL. I don't know about Mich research--later this month i'll look, if no one else has by then. Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Hi all-- well the 1891 was not her, but the 5th one i looked at today might be and perhaps Laila might find them in census records--to help me focus on which death cert's to review--i have already asked ELCA in Elk Grove to do a lookup because this marriage was at Pastor Torgersen's church: Mrs. Amalie Larson, age 35(very youthful looking-you can be sure!) and Hans C. Hansen, age 26, married 17 jan 1886, lic 99278, Cook county.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Innes Hansen

Hei Roger.Are you sure that this is my Amalie?. I wonder because she should had been 40 years old not 35, when she got married.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

Very many emigrants got younger the closer they came the land of hope and glory. I have found emigrants taking off 10 yrs when they came to the US. Esp. the girls..... Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Joel at ELCA likely will have some result this week; and if they can be tracked in the census of 1900 and 1910 and even 1920, then i can have fewer Hansen's to research. Hopefully the parents names were recorded and in my own family age differences have happened--i believe Laila is right.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Joel found the following: Hans C. Hansen is from Gjerpen and she is from Lanning or Lauring or i think its Laurvik. Living at 321 N. May. Married Jan 17 1886, he was born about 1860--does anyone know of him? Perhaps a connection can be found thru Hans. Shall i obtain copies from Joel?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kathy Bergan Schmidt

On the Emigration from Gjerpen section of Jan Christensen's Skien Genealogical Page here http://www.slekt.org/utvandring/1883.html, there is a possibility – the family of Ole Hansen Borgeskog, wife Maren Nilsdatter, and 4 children traveling to Chicago in April 1883. The oldest child is son Hans Karl, with a birthdate of 1859. Anyone know anything about Borgeskog??

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Found them in the 1865 census--Telemark/Gjerpen/Engrav* farm--will post an entry asking for farm book lookup; (fyi--unable to post to item 10081--opps--something about your link, i asked Anette to fix it, just today; so far--no luck)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Innes Hansen

Hei Roger.I should try to find out this tomorrow, I now somebody who maybe can help me.He had wrote a lot about people and farms in Gjerpen. I have just come home from Bergen and Stavanger

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne I. Hansen

Hei.I got some paper too day from Kongsberg Riksarkiv.Amalie was not married Summero, but too a man named John Summers. Hope that this can help too find Amalie. The name Summero i got from a man I paid money to help me.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kathy Bergan Schmidt

Looks like that 'John Sommers, machinist' I found in the city directories is worth following up. We'll have to look for both Summers and Sommers -- those directories make lots of little typos -- my own grandfather kept changing from bergan to bergen quite often. Back to the microfiche death index for 1871-1917. . .

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne I. Hansen

Hei.Thanks Kathy fore helping me.I found a John Sommer born 1831 in Porsgrunn/ Telemark, in censues for 1865. He was not married in 1865.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.