Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#9971] Peder Eriksen of Brendmo farm

Gjest Susan Halverson
 Del

Gjest Susan Halverson

From information I received of 1865 census Peder Eriksen age 30 married to Johanna Olsdatter age 32, they had son Erik age 6 and a daughter Brynild age 2. Brynild is my great-great-grandmother. they were of Brendmo farm at Statsarkivet i Trondheim.I have information about the family in the U.S.A. as they settled in Minnesota in about 1873 and lived in the area of Long Prairie and Gordon township. I will find more out when I go back to Minnesota this fall. Brynild went by the name Betsy and married Albert U. Lathrop. They lived in West Union and had four children (Julia Ann, Avery or Ivry, Minnie and Clara).Julia Ann was my great-grandmother and there is more info on her plus I found some of her siblings and their families.Is there anyone who could help me to find ancestors and/or living relatives? I do not understand the language yet but am trying to learn.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen

Have you seen the 1865-census yourself? I would think that Peder Eriksen is the son of Erik Pedersen and Berit Olsdatter who he is living with at Brendmo in Meråker parish, Nord-Trøndelag county. Ole Eriksen and Brynhild Eriksdtr. are his siblings: LenkePS: Brendmo farm is not AT Statsarkivet i Trondheim. Statsarkivet means the governmental archives, and Trondheim is the city where the archives for the Mid-Norway area are situated.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Susan Halverson

Acctually no I myself have not seen the census I received an e-mail from someone in Norway and there must have been a mistake in the translation. I pretty much copied the information from the e-mail. I have been trying to access the 1865 census but have not been successful. I am new to all of this. Thank you for your help.Family records show Brynild to be born in 1864. So if I had you e-mail I could foreward the one that was sent to me.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Brynhild is in her second year in the 1865-census (funny registrars counting), she is not two years old, which would coincide with your birthyear for her as 1864 - which was year 1, 1865 year 2 etc.Hope you found the digitalized census above. The blue link - Klikk (click) - should lead you directly to it!If you can`t access it by just clicking, here`s the address to Brendmo farm in the 1865-census (put h t t p : // in front of the following:digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=arkivverket/ft1865/f61711.wc2&variabel=0&postnr=1581&fulle=true&spraak=e

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Susan Halverson

At first I didn't see the link to the census but after I answered your message I found it. I was wondering about the age thing. So thanks for clearing that up. It looks like Brynild was named after her aunt. I was able to print the census and put it with my family collection. (I thank You again) Now when I go back to Minnesota where I was raised I can show everyone that I was right in the information I found in the census at the LDS History Center. In the census for the U.S.A I found Brynild but she went by the name Betsy and the age fit and she was the only one in the area where Albert Lathrop was. They were in Gordon Township, Todd county, Minnesota and now I have what I need to prove it. Everyone said that it couldn't be the right family. They had another daughter in Norway named Bertha who was born around 1870 and then by 1880 there were two more children Oline Husia(I'm not sure that is right it was hard to make out in the census)7 years old and Karl Johann who was 5 years old. So this means more than you will ever know. Thank you so much. You have put an end to a 15 year search.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here`s the parents and siblings of Peder Eriksen in the 1875-census: [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=arkivverket/ft1875/f71711&variabel=0&postnr=1223&fulle=true&spraak=e>Lenke------And here`s the brother Ole Eriksen with his family in the 1900-census, still at the same farm: Lenke------And here`s the sister Brynhild with her family at the neighbouring subfarm Solbakken:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here`s Peder Eriks. Brendmo leaving the port of Trondheim, headed for Quebec on May 3rd 1871, with wife Johanna, children Erik Brynhild and Marie: Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Susan Halverson

Well it looks like someone has been very busy. It is like Christmas opening the links you have made. This is so amazing, and you have made things fall together so quickly.I have a question. On the record of Emigrants from Trondheim what is skip and Reismal? I am working on getting to the record on the other link. I think I put it in to quick and goofed up somewhere so I'm going to try again. I keep getting a screen that says 'So your trying to go directly to a link...'So do you figure that Sorvagen is a different way of spelling?When people live on a farm do they all live in a small area where there is like a little village of do they live in different areas all over the farm? I'm trying to get a mental picture. I maybe should look and see if there is something about that. I am just full of questions.I was thinking... how often did they do a census? I was thinking there may be more siblings since Peder was 30 and his sister Brynild was 27 in 1865. Maybe in 1850 there would be brothers and sisters older than Peder. Do you think that the names of the areas would be the same? I know that things change and names of districts can change.I have to run for a bit I have 5 little ones to get ready for church. Thanks again.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Susan Halverson

Heidi are you the one who has been looking for Anne T. Gravaas? If you are did you find what you needed? Since I live in Ogden and am planning a trip to Salt Lake City soon. If there is anything I can look up for you let me know. Okay? I also do alot of searching in Iowa and Minnesota, as you already know, and I can keep an eye out if you like.I tried the one link again and it just won't go through. I have also spent a couple hours today trying to search parish records and the like but got know where. You must have that special something and maybe I am just not looking in the right places. Tomorrow is another day.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi again!Which link is it you can`t open?For the emigration in English - open the link, and put the letter e in the end of the address (so that it says ...spraak=e)(see it says KlikkE in blue? It automatically left out the e, which stands for English...)...figure that Sorvagen is a different way of spelling? Spelling what? Sørvågen sounds like a farm name, but I`m not sure I am following here...The digitalized censuses are 1801, 1865, (1875, 1891,) 1900. There doesn`t seem to be digitalized churchrecords for Meråker clerical district in Øvre Stjørdalen, Nord-Trøndelag county - so you`d have to dig into the originals, which they may well have copies of in Salt LakeYes, I have tried to find Anne/Annie T. Gravos (name at death in 1908), she was born in Norway 1865 and married to Albert A. Gravaas abt. 1894 in MN, and that`s pretty much all we know about her at this end. Any help is off course welcome! :-)heidi@slettemoen.com

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Susan Halverson

I guess you are right Sorvagen probably is a farm name. I have been checking since I got out of church and haven't gotten any where so I'll give that a rest an look at what I know.You have done so much for me that I would be very happy to help you. I'll check here in the Ogden library in the next day or so. See what I can find.It wasn't the link I'm sorry it was the census for Brynhild and her family. I got all sorts of crazy stuff on my screen and I know I had everythind right but I have been having problems lately with my computer. It is either me or something isn't working right. catch you later.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Susan Halverson

Hi, previously you gave me the web address for the census that showed Brynild the sister of Peder Eriksen with her family. I have tried it again but I get a can not be found message. I was wondering if you could help me one last time to bring it up. I tried to do the search on my own but I guess I am not doing it right.I'd be very greatful for your help.Sue

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Susan Halverson

Hi, I was wondering what the intials fl stand for in the familiestilling column in the census. I was finally successful at bringing up the 1900 census and have the one with Brynild Eriksdatter and her husband Lars Solbakken. They have a daughter Berit but is the other child also with them; The one named Halvor Andriasen? I'm not sure what is ment by Yrke and then what is listed under that.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

Hi Susan, fattiglem (fl) fattig=poor - lem is not so easy to translate, but here it means a poor people. He is not their son...Maybe his mother is dead and had a lot of children, or maybe he was born out of wedlock, often they had a hard life...Yrke=profession, Lars is husmand who means that he had a house builded on a big farm, and then he had to help the farmer with the work, and after that do his own....kone=wife, and she often had to help on the farm too, and husgjerning=things who is needed to do in a house. My english is not so good, but hope you understand....Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Susan Halverson

Hi Mariann, Thank you for the help. Your english is very good and I appreciate your help. could you tell me what Pladsens n Navin mean towards the top?Susan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

Hi! Just wanted to make a correction on the translation. FL = lodger, belonging to the household, but not necessarily a relativeYou find a abbr. listing and other useful things here 'Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

Hi again. I`m not sure if you have the correct translation this time Laila, because if you go to the Census Susan wrote about, it looks like it means fl=fattiglem this time...But maybe I have misunderstood... Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

The 'n'(nei=no)means that they not had other houses than the one they lived in. And Pladsens Navn means the name of the place....If others have a better translation, please told it. Because it had no meaning for me....Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Susan Halverson

Thank you very much. I wish I understood more. I have really enjoyed finding my family and the people who have helped me to make the connections are so nice to give of their time. Thank you again.I hope to find living relatives to correspond with and get more back round but don't really have the knowledge of how to go about it. You have all been very nice. May your Heavenly Father Bless you richly in all you do.Sue

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest N B Macdonald

PLADSENS NAVN in the remarks column.It appears to me that that census taker wrote PLADSENS NAVN in the cases where the farmer was a cotter or tenant, and not the owner of the farm.Regards,--Beth

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.