Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#10014] Is there a place called Falgaude in Hedmark?

Gjest Marilla Schenk
 Del

Gjest Marilla Schenk

My husband's greatgrandparents, Anders Anderson (born 1859 Vestre Toten) and Kari Baardsd (born 1852 Eikesdalen, Nesset, M og R) were married May 16, 1879 at Os, Hedmark. There is confusion about where in Norway they lived after that until they emigrated to Minnesota in 1886. They had 3 children in Norway: Anna Berthine born Jan. 7, 1880, Ingeborg born Jan. 6, 1882 and Anton born Aug 19, 1885. One part of the family says the children were born in Falgaude but I cannot find Falgaude in my old NAF Veibok. The oldest girl, Anna, believed she was born in North Osterdalen but Ingeborg and Anton believed they were born in Oslo. Although the wedding of the parents is on the Mormon site, I cannot find any of the children's baptisms listed in the ICG index. It would be helpful if someone could tell me where Falgaude is? Thank you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anne Arnesen

Hi Marilla:-) It might be a street in Oslo called Fauchaldsgate. It's located to the western side of Oslo, not far from Majorstuen. If this is the case then their church would have been Fagerborg. Anne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ann Helen Gaustad Aas

Marilla: It struck my mind that spellings from old handwriting may often be misleading. I have no facts indicating that the persons you search for, came from this district: However, close to where I live at Nes (also spelled Næs or Næss) there is a farm called Faugli (Fauglie/Fauglid are also possible old ways to spell the name). Don't you think there is a small possibility that this might be the correct place? The bad news is that this is quite far from Os in Hedmark. Maybe someone else has other suggestions? Otherwise, there are Fauchald farms in Østre Toten, Oppland. Ann Helen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

we have a few streets in Oslo that might go for Falgaude...let us say gaude is gate = street (not to bad)Falsens - gate Falbes - gate Fauchalds - gateEsp. when you say 2 of the kids might have been born in Oslo! Oslo/Kristiania/CHristiania (same place different spellings)Falsensgate = Paulus church parish )in 1899 Falbesgate = Gamle Akers church Fauchalds gate = Fagerborg churchthing is, if Fauchalds gate is the right one, u should look for Uranienborg churchrecords as Fagerborg church/parish was established 28.september 1897LailaI also suggest my own page to determine what street what church in 1899-1900 http://www.lailas.net/kristania.htmYou should try the FHC (the mormons fantastic centers) don't know if you have any in your neighbourhood , but, I have a good e-mail friend in Saskatchewan that know how abt Norw. research!, might be able to help!!!!) LailaLaila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
  • 3 måneder senere...
Gjest Marie Tollan

I'm quite sure, Falgaude is Tolgen, the old name of Tolga in Northern Østerdal (maybe 'Tolgens' parish/municipality because gothic s may be written with ascender and/or descender and therefore misread or misprinted). In the parish registers I find the following:1)Anders Andersen Kvigstad (*1859 V.Toten, 'railroadworker') and Kari Baardsdt Utigaard (*1852 Lesje (=Lesja?), conf.1867 in Aalesund) married in Os 1879. They live in Ejdet (Eide), Tolgen, in a house belonging to the railway company. At that time Tolga and Os are just one parish with several churches ('subparishes').2)Anna Berthine *1880,7th of Jan, bapt. 22nd of Feb. in Tolgen.3)Ingeborg *1882, 6th of Jan, bapt. Feb. 19th in Tolgen.4)Anton * Aug. 26th 1884 !!, bapt. Sept. 7th also in Tolgen.I find no Anton born in 1885, and no Anton beried in 1884/1885 in Tolga or Os. If your date of birth, Aug 19, 1885, is correct, I think the family has moved somewhere, the first Anton dies and a son, born in 1885 is called Anton, a quite common custom. Sorry, I'm late, I didn't know about this site before, but I hope it can be for some help. Marie

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marilla Schenk

Thank you so much to all who made suggestions and a special thank you to Marie Tollan for solving this mystery for us - we appreciate very much the help you have given!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.