Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#10368] Family Farm

Gjest Mary Ellen DePrey
 Del

Gjest Mary Ellen DePrey

My Greatgrandfather lived in the Flekkefjord area.I find the farm name Loge or Loga in Nes and Hidra. Do the farms in Norway pass down to the children?? Is it possible that that farm exists today? Here in the US some farms pass on down for several generations and then again, the city eats them up. Any ideas?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars E. Øyane

Dear Mary Ellen,The majority of Norwegian farms are inherited generation after generation, some of them for hundreds of years. People used to take a certain pride in owning a farm that had been handed down thru generations, and they still do!According to the catalogue of Norwegian farm names published by the Norwegian postal service back in 1972, Loga still exists at Flekkefjord as the name of a farm (or several farms), as well as a village and a sawmill.Since the Loga farm is obviously part of the village (or maybe the other way around...), there may not be much left of the original farm, but still family members may have taken over parts of it, if nothing else at least for residential purposes.Very sincerely yours,Lars E. Oyane

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mary Ellen DePrey

My greatgrandfather's name was Ole Johannessen born 1852. He was a carpenter, shipyard worker and a very successful inventor in the USA. Like I said I found him with his family in the 1865 Census on a farm called Loge oe Loga. Thanks for any help you might shed on this.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest mary ellen deprey

I believe Ole Johanessen's mother's name was Jorgine Olsdatter. I am waiting on some information from Wisconsin to confirm that. It will take about two weeks. If everything checks out true, I would like to see if I can find living relatives there. I think I have family located born as late as 1900, so maybe someonne will be looking at their tree and find me. That would be great.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ole Johannessen

I am curious to find out if relatives or Flekkefjord Historical society would like pictures and information for Ole Johannessen born 1852. Emmigrated 1880 to the United States with his wife Nicoline. He was a successful inventor. I have some pictures I could share and will have much more information about his inventions after the first of the year.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.