Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#10424] More og Romsdal

Gjest Kathryn Yates
 Del

Gjest Kathryn Yates

I am looking for the father and mother and brothers and sisters of my grandmother. She is Maret Olsen (Olsdatter Rodstal born December 25 1862 Gryten Parish More og Romsdal. Any help I would appreciate so much. Kathryn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen

There is a Rødstøl farm in Grytten, which may well be the farm your family moved to... In 1900-census the name is changed to Raustøl. Rød means red, and raud is a dialect form of rød.As a PS: There`s an interesting family inthe 1900-census at Lille (little) Raustøl. Mari/Marit are variations of the same name. And the birthyear was often +/- a year or two in the censuses. This family is at Sætergjeld in 1865.Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnfinn Kjelland

Hi Kathryn, According to the church records of Grytten parish a Marit was born Dec 25 1862 to parents 'Ungkarl' (unmarried man) Ole Eriksen 'af Thronhjem' (his homeplace was the province of Trøndelag) and 'Pige' (unmarried woman) Marit Olsd. Rødstøl. This means her parents wasn't married, but her mother came from the Rødstøl fram in Upper Romsdalen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kathryn Yates

Thank you so much. This is her in church record and 1865 census. Do you know where they went 1875 census? I know Marit moved to Froso Parish Jamtland Sweden 1879 at 17 at 19 she appears in Froso church record with the birth of daughter Marta father of her child Olof Pederson. They were not married either. Is it that marriage records are not important?? Makes it harder to trace family. Marit and Olof lived together 21 years. He may have lived in Norway at one time. Kathryn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnfinn Kjelland

Sorry, the one in the 1865 census cannot be the same person. Remember Marit's mothers name was Marit Olsdtr., while the mother in 1865 was Marit Simonsdtr., and she must have been married to this Ole Eriksen for appr. 10 years.It doesen't look like the daugther was in Grytten in 1865 (and her mother would most likely be together with the girl). Finding them in the 1865 census might be difficult; Marit Olsdtr. is probably the most common name in Norway at that time.The 1875 census for Grytten is not computer indexed. You'll have to borrow the microfilm and study the original, page by page.Normally it was very important to marry, and getting a child without being married could cause serious trouble, primarily for the mother and child, at least earlier. Lots of things changed during the last part of the 19th century.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.