Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#10493] Marthine Piro Brandt (1779-1842) m Gregers Stoltenberg 1796 Naesodden, Akershus

Gjest Susannah Zemke
 Del

Gjest Susannah Zemke

I am searching for the parents of Marthine Piro Brandt. Birth: 24 DEC 1779 in Naesodden, Akershus, Norway Death: 1842Her first marriage was to Gregers Stoltenberg, Sep 1, 1796 in Naesodden, Akerhus, Norway Their children include: Henrik Gregers STOLTENBERG b: SEP 1797 in Vestby, Akershus; Petter STOLTENBERG b: 1799 in Vestby, Askershus; Hans Thorn STOLTENBERG b: FEB 1800 in Vestby, Akershus; Anna Kirstine Emilie STOLTENBERG b: 12 MAR 1802 in Vestby, Akershus; Sophie Maria STOLTENBERG b: 1805 in Vestby, Askershus; Marthine 'Thina' Gregorine STOLTENBERG b: 1810 in Soon; Ingeborg Maria STOLTENBERG b: AUG 1815Her second marriage was to Peter THORNE Married: 17 MAR 1817 in Saaner, Akershus, NorwayMany thanks for any information! Susannah

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Bapt. 15. Jan. 1780 Nesodden Marte Piro. Father Hr. Brandt.I have been looking in Lassens collection of genealogy. Here I found:Name Piro: Widow Marthe Henrikdsdatter Piro was married 7.Mar. 1749 Eidsvold to book-keeper Johan Peter Brandt who died in 1755. He lived at the farm Nedre Minde, Eidsvold. They had a son named Peter b. 175.., but I do not know if he lived.Henrik Andreasen Piro was married 5.Des. 1715 Eidsvold to Ingeborg Rasmusdatter from the mines (goldmines).Andreas Paulsen Piro from the mines, burried 1/11 1716 Eidsvold, 64 y. He was married to Abelone Olsdatter.I have not found the connection between this persons named Piro, but it seems to be a connection somewhere. They all lived in Eidsvold, Akershus.Name Brandt: Peter Brandt b.ab. 1749 died in Christiania 17.Jan. 1825, 76 y. 1. marr. 12.Mar. 1779 Oslo Domkirke, in the house to Anna Kierstina Tordson. 2. marr. to Kirstine Nerdrum. They got a son in 1793.His daugther from 1. marriage, Martine Piro 24/12 1779-20/4 1835 in Son, was married 1.time 1/9 1796 at Skoklefald farm Nesodden to agent and merchant in Son Gregers Stoltenberg. She divorced him. She was married 2.time in Son to merchant Peter Thorne b. 28/12 1787 in Son and he died ab. 1842.I do not know if this Peter Brandt is the same as the one under Piro, but it looks like it could be.Peter Brandt was a citizen of Christiania and a merchant. He moved to Nesodden, Skoklefald farm, ab. 1779. He later started with an inn at the farm.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Susannah Zemke

Berit, Thank you very much for the information! I will now be able to follow up on some of the data on the Brandt & Piro families. Martine Piro Brandt is a bit of 'black sheep' in the family history and the stories are that she was not a 'very nice woman' - I presume this reputation was based on the fact of her marital infidelity. I have a copy of letter written by Martine's grandson, Ludvig Biorn, in which he makes reference to his grandmother and her infidelity, but he appears to not know that she was divorced, which also must have been quite a scandal at that time.Excerpt from Ludvig Biorn's letter to his son Nels, dated Jan 24, 1907: Father (Nils Andreas Biorn) become a student and came as such as a tutor to the house of a businessman whose name was Petter Thorne in Soon, a little town near Christianafjord. Thorne was married to the daugther of the King's commissioner whose name was Brandt. She [Marthine Piro Brandt Stoltenberg] had the reputation of being the most beautiful woman in her day, but frivolous and vain. She was first married to a Stoltenberg; she was untrue to him; when this man died she was married with Thorne. Her daugther was my mother [Marthine Gregorine Stoltenberg].

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.