Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#10497] Tillatelse=Permission

Gjest Julie Dragvold
 Del

Gjest Julie Dragvold

My ancestor Halvor Torkildson emigrated on 26.3.1882 and in the 'tillatelse' column it has the name of T. Slinding. Is this a person in Norway that had to give them permission to leave Norway or is it the person in America that they were going to meet or live with? I know he was going to Grand Forks to be with his parents Torkild Halvorson and Karen Helene Olson but I don't know what lat name they used in America.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Julie Dragvold

My ancestor Hans Torkildsen emigrated from KRISTIANIA on 26.03.1882 with his wife Anne and son Thomas. Would the person that gave him 'tillatelse' be his father or a relative in America or is it someone in Norway that must approve their emigration?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen

Hi,Quite often I have seen that the minister/priest gave these permissons, but who this T. Sinding was, would just be guessing on my part. Do you have reason to believe that his parents, Torkild Halvorsen and Karen Helene Olsdtr., who are at the Tuterdalen farm in Solum, Telemark in the 1865-census, would start calling themselves Sinding?Here`s the link to the emigration in case someone knows the answer to your question:Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Julie Dragvold

I have no idea what last name they took when they came to America, just that they lived in North Dakota. Their son's emigration helped me narrow it down to the Grand Forks area. I was hoping they had taken the last name Halvorson or that Halvor had used the name Torkildson but those names are rather common to search for in the whole state of North Dakota. I have not found the name Tuterdalen anywhere either. I was thinking the 'T' of T. Slinding maybe stood for Torkild. It was probably a bad guess because you think the man was a person living in Norway?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Gangstø

From the Kristiania emigration records I see that the individual T. Sinding ( note: not Slinding), also is listed under permission for another family leaving on the same ship ( the 'Hekla'). This is number 45311 - Johannese Haakonsen and his family, also from Skien and giving their destination as Grand Forks. Maybe this could be another clue to pursue ? Sinding as a family name is found for 48 persons in the 1865 census, but no T. Sinding. Good luck in your search Rgrds H Gangsto

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.