Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#10802] Ole Nilsen Moen born about 1780

Gjest Susan Vera
 Del

Gjest Susan Vera

I am looking for Ole Nilsen MOEN b.abt 1780 married 1803 to Sølveig Johannesen b.1783 Hitterdal.I would like to know who his parents were and if he and Sølveig had more than one child. The one I know about is a Thone Oldsdatter b abt 1812 who married Ole Haraldsen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tore Granly

There existed a farm in Seude (Sauherad) called Moen and in 1801 an Ole Nielsen was living there. May be that was your 'person'. The age is correct Tray this link (I hope that works) LenkeI think the 'bygdebok' can give you more, but I haven't mine available at the moment, but may be somebody else can check this against 'bygdeboka'.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Susan Vera

Yes, I believe this is the right Ole Nielsen. The names match the ones I had for his children plus more. Now I know where he was from. Thank you Tore!I am now wondering who his parents were and where his wife was from so I can try to get some information about her family also.What kind of information do the 'bygdebok' give. Is it a list of names with births, marriages and deaths. I've never seen one.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tore Granly

'Bygdebok' describes who has stayed at all the farm and where they came from. If nobody has given additional info I will read this bok for you at the end of this week. I will not be at home again brfore Friday. I think we will find the parents of Ole.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tore Granly

I'm afraid this Ole Nilsen was wrong person. I had a briefly check yesterday. There is another Ole at same age is Sauherad, so I will check that on Friday. Just noe I'm siting at an airport and 'wasting' my time due to my flight was canceled. I will come back.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Susan Vera

Tore, I hope that the rest of your trip will be more accomodating. Thanks for the correction on Ole.We will be taking a trip to Minnesota on the 26th of this month to see my father. It is 1,700+ miles and we are taking 5 grandchildren (4 who live with us) and our son all of whom are 9 years old and younger. Well,except for The oldest one who is autistic. That will be quite a trip since we will drive. It takes 2 1/2 days going straight through without stopping for sleep. With kids you make better time at night. :-) I would rather fly! Sorry, I know this forum is for genealogy but I am really excited to go and show my father all that nice people of Norway have helped me with. I hope that some day I'll find living relatives. Anyway I hope we can find the right Ole. Thanks again, Susan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tore Granly

The Census of Hiterdal from 1801 has no farms with the name Moen. In fact the census of 1801 is not telling all the names of cotter's farm. But the cencus of 1865 tells us more about name of cotter's farms. And in 1865 there were 8-10 small farms that were called Moen. So I think Saude was a false trail. Ole Nielsen is a very commen name in norway. There was none Solveig in Hiterdal (Heddal) i 1801. I will try to borrow the 'Hiterdalsboka' and see I can find something to you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

There are several Moen farms in this area:In Notodden kommune there is one with the postal address Gransherad, one at Notodden, one at Tinnoset, more than one at Ørvella.In Sauherad kommune there is one at Akkerhaugen, one at Bø, one at Gvannes, one at Gvarv, one at Hjuksebø and more than one at Nordagutu.In Hjartdal kommune one.Mh Arnstein

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tore Granly

According to a record in IGI Ole is born in Hiterdal 1769 and his parents is Nils Erichsen and Gunvor Nilsdatter, (I think the correct name is Gunvor Olsdatter). I found at the 1801 Census one Ole Nilsen at age 31 living together with his mother Gunvor Olsdatter in Hiterdal. I will check what 'hiterdalsboka' is saying about this Ole. But the best then will be the church-book.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Susan Vera

Arnstein Ronning and Tore Granly Hei,I am thinking that it is possible that I could have put the wrong people in my family so I will give you more information that I picked up from the LDS files. My great-grandparents were Torbjørn Halvorsen and Aaste Olsdatter. Aaste was born June 10,1852 of LIA farm Hiterdal she died Dec.11, 1933 Little Sauk, Minnesota USA. Her parents were Ole Haraldsen b.Nov.26, 1809 Heddal parish and Thone Olsdatter (Olsen) abt. 1812 Hiterdal.The only Thone Olsdatter that I found that I thought was the right one was daughter of Ole Nilsen MOEN b. abt. 1780 and married on Oct. 27, 1803 to Sølveig Johannesen b. 1783 Hitterdal.The file I found said that Sølveig was daughter of Johannes Halvorsen b.Mar. 13,1757 married Apr. 16,1779 Heddal to Thone Haroldsdatter.I don't know if this is all correct or not but if you have the 'hiterdalsboka' you may be able to see if this is right and it may help to find the right Ole Nilsen. I hope this makes it easier to find. I sure do appreciate your help. Thanks Susan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.