Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#10853] Bygdebok for Nittedal og Hakadal - lookup?

Gjest Cindy Onions Smith
 Del

Gjest Cindy Onions Smith

Could someone please do a lookup in the Nittedal bygdebok by Birger Kirkeby. It's the volume 1 of the 'Bygdebok for Nittedal og Hakadal' and it was printed in 1965. My ggrandfather was Karl Andreasen, b. 1885 in Lunner, Krs. He was the son of Andreas Olsen and Marie Ingebritsdatter of Nerengen(gaard). He married Marie Kristensdatter, b. 1886, dtr of Kristen Lars. and Karen Johannesd. of Kjorven(gaard). This information is from the 1900 census. Karl and Marie married and had a daughter Elise Marie, b. Apr 23, 1907. They emigrated to Canada June 7, 1907 and at the time of emigration their residence was Nittendalen - per Digitalarkivet emigrants sailing from Kristiania. I am trying to find out when and where Karl and Marie married. There is a silver spoon with the name Elise Marie engraved in it and also the date May 19, 1907, which I assume is be when she was baptised? I would like to obtain information about the marriage of Karl and Marie and/or the baptism of Elise. Thank you

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Found 1 Karl Andreasen in the book, but wrong man.Nittedal church: b. 23/4 bapt. 19/5 1907 Elise Marie. Parents: Kruttarbeider Karl Olsen & wife Marie Kristiansen, Løvli. Married in Kampen Menighet 23/12 06.Kampen menighet: Married 23/12 1906 Karl Alfred Olsen and Marie Olafsen; arb. Nittedals kruttverk.--He was a smed(blacksmith), b. Kristiania 1885, konf. 1900 Lunner, father dagarbeider Andreas Olsen. She: lived in Nittedal, b. Nittedal 1886, konf. Nittedal 1901, father shoemaker Olaf Kristiansen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Cindy Onions Smith

Thank you, thank you, thank you Berit! I got the Norwegian Emigration Center to help me find the actual names of my great grandparents, but it looks like they erred when it came to my great grandmother's family. Thanks to you, I now have her correct information and found them on the 1900 census for Oslo - I am so happy! Thanks again Berit!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Cindy Onions Smith

I told my grandmother that her parents (Karl and Marie Olsen) were married Dec 23, 1906 (which would mean she was 5 months pregnant with Elise). Grandmother has her mothers wedding ring with the date Jul 21, 1906 engraved (which is suspiciously nine months before Elise was born). Is the date in the bygdebok correct? Is it possible to get a copy from someone of the marriage and baptism entry? The more answers I get the more questions I have! Thank you, Cindy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

It is easy to understand the misunderstanding. I looked in the book you mentioned, and found one man with the name. But it could not be him.I then looked in the churchbook/records and found her birth, and in the birthrecord it was written that her parents was married in Kampen menighet. I looked in the Kampen menighet and found the date I wrote down.The date Jul 21 1906 could be the day her parents were engaged.I would like to help you and I can get hold of a papercopy of the churchbook, but do not know how to send it to you. I do have a scanner, but don't know how to use it. My son knows, but he is in the military for the time being.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Cindy Onions Smith

Berit, please email me at rcsmith@sunshinecable.com and I will give you my postal address. I too thought that the date engraved in the ring might be the engagement date, or some date that was sentimental to great grandmother. Also, when I checked the 1900 census for Olaf Kristiansen, he was there with children, but I see no wife. I wonder if she died, or was somewhere else. I wonder what her name was? Always more questions! Again, thank you Berit.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

My son will come home for a little visit in about 9-10 days, and he promised to help me with the scanner. I hope you can wait until then

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.