Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#11029] Emigrants sailing from Kristiania

Gjest Doris Johnson
 Del

Gjest Doris Johnson

Can anyone help me with translations on the passenger list. 1. There are two columns both entitled freight One is (spd/kr) and one (sk/øre) Is one for passage and one for baggage?2. Payment column--explain Betalt and Ppd. 3. Permission column Would that be a reference required to emmigrate?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Henrik Ullstad

well doris, the shortening 'kr' means 'krona', literraly translated as 'crown' it´s the currency of norway, denmark and sweden. The other name 'ore' is one hundredth of a 'krona' and is also useble in denmark, norway and sweden(altough the money looks different depending on wich country you are in, you can´t use a norwegian 'krona' in sweden). Betalt means paid(in the form i have paid) I hope this will help you a little /Henrik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest per helge seglsten

Spd/kr means speciedaler/krone. Speciedaler and skilling was the old norwegian currency which was replaced by krone and øre around 1870.betalt means paid. ppd i think means prepaid.The permission column seems to contain information about passports and travel documents.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

Usually betalt/ppd mean that the ticket was paid for by someone in the US. This is often a clue to know if maybe another familymember left before. (Could also of course be 'just' a friend).On the Ellis Island manifests it gives who paid the ticket (self/brother/father...).Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.