Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#11334] Dalen and Lia farms/How do I locate

Gjest Susan H. Vera
 Del

Gjest Susan H. Vera

I have been searching multimap.com to see if I could find the farms my ancestors came from. Is there a way I can locate the area they are from?Torbjørn Halvorsen 1853 Dalen farm Aaste Olsdatter 1852 Lia farmI was told that Sauland is the area that grandpa came from. I found a Dalen but it is a ways away from Sauland. I couldn't find Lia at all.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arild E. Pettersen

'Dalen' and 'Lia' are very common farmnames in Norway. Most of them was very small, so-called 'husmannsplasser'. In Sauland, a parish in Hjartdal 'prestegjeld' in Telemark county I find, in the 1865 census, 6 farms named 'Lia' and 8 named 'Dalen'. On one of the 'Dalen farms' I find a boy, 13 years old, named Torbjørn Halvorsen. His parents was Halvor Torbjørnsen and Ingebor Grimsdatter, he also had a sister - Anne Halvorsdatter.I can not locate any Aaste Olsdatter in Sauland/Hjartdal in the right age. But in the neighbouring 'prestegjeld' - Hitterdal, today Heddal, there lived a 14 yeards old girl with the name Aaste Olsdatter on a farm named Lia. I think it is the right person. His parents was Ole Haraldsen and Thone Olsdatter. I hope my english is understandable.Arild E. Pettersen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Susan H. Vera

Arild E. PettersenYour english is very good.That is correct. You have found the right farms. Is there a way to locate them on the map? Is there maybe a map with the farms on it?Also I see that you are from Nord_Trøndelag. I also have relatives in Meråker on a Brendmo farm. Brynild Brendmo b. April 30, 1864 to Pete Erickson and Johanna Olsdatter. Brynild had an Aunt named Brynild.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Harald Storaker

Lia is a very common farm name. If you click 'next' or 'previous' when you have found the right farm in 1865 census (Digitalarkivet), you will find the neighbouring farms. In this case I found Hellem, Seljord and Kleivskås (Kleifskaas). They are easier to locate in online maps. Lia is perhaps Solli on maps of today?LenkeThe farms are a few kilometres north-west of Heddal stave church, near Notodden.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Susan H. Vera

Thanks Harald,I click on the link and picked out one of the links in it. I got to a screen that had 6 boxes but was not sure what to enter. Here are what the boxes had over them.Gate-/veinavn ..... Nr ... Postnr... Komm.nr... Gårdsnr .... Bruksnr ....the url is as follows: LenkeI am still learning the language so I still have a hard time followint instructions that are written in Norwegian. Could you please tell me what the 6 things are that I am to put in the boxes?Sue

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Harald Storaker

Write 'Seljord' or 'Hellem' in the first box (gate/veinavn).Click 'søk' (=search)Click a number in a Notodden address line.Use zoom as you like.Best maps are in Norgesglasset. LenkeWrite 'Hellem' in box: Søk etter (Capital letter sensitive). Click on the lines you get (in blue) Zoom.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Susan H. Vera

Thank you, I have been playing with this last link and I have a question. How do I reverse the action if I want to try an area further east or something? :-)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Harald Storaker

Keep on playing! The best way of learning! Move the cursor east on the map - click-click: the map moves eastwords. Click-right: - change scale. Click on the boxes above the map: 'reverse action' and 'standard scale'. Good luck!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Hi Susan!Kleivkås had the postal address NOTODDEN in 1972, so the farm must be situated pretty near Notodden (cannot find it on my map).Mh Arnstein

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars Løkkebø

Hello Susan. I got the pictures, wonderful. I will get back to you in a mail later. Kleivkaas in near Notodden, in Heddal, not fare from the church Hedddal stavkirke.Lars

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Susan H Vera

Hi,I want to thank both of you for your response. I would like to find a road map and have it marked as to where the farms were located and maybe the churches too.Is there a book of road maps similar to our road atlas that shows all of the states and the roads, towns, national parks, etc.? I have printed sections of map and tried to tape them together.Med hilsen Susan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.