Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#11857] Marriage in Lier in Buskerud in 1780.

Gjest Chris Nilsen
 Del

Gjest Chris Nilsen

I am wanting details from the church books on the marriage of Torsten Gulbrandsen to Else Nilsdr married in Lier in Buskerud on 6th April 1780.Can anybody help me find who their father was? Where did they live?Chris.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roar Kristensen

Hi,I found one Else Nilsen ( Nilsdatter )on IGI Individual Record FamilySearch™ International Father: NIELS BORGERSEN Christening: 24 JUN 1752 Lier, Buskerud, ELSE NILSENIt could be the Else you ar looking for. Nothing on Torsten. Please note that this is only a suggestion. rgs Roar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 måneder senere...
Gjest Halvor Stokke

Checked the microfilmed churchbook at the libarary in Lier. No fathers or age mentioned. Torstein Gulbrandsen Landfall-Gangen. Landfall-Gangen is the residence and I belive this is at Aassiden, which was under Lier at that time, today Drammen. Where are also some Landfald farms in Lier, but then residence should have been just Landfald, not Landfald-gangen. The residence for Else Nilsdatter is for me unreadable. Marriage records in the churchbooks from that time contains very little additional information.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Chris Nilsen

Dear Halvor,Thank you for checking the church books for me. Your information is very helpful.Can you give me more information as to where Torsten was living when he was married?I found Aassiden on the map site hvor.no. I also found some farms called Landfall further north in Lier.I would like to find birth details for Torsten Gulbrandsen. Do you have any advice as to how I can find this?Are you able to tell me exactly where you think Landfall-Gangen is?Hope you are happy to help.Chris.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Halvor Stokke

I'll see whaT I can find in the libarary in Drammen in a few days. But as mentioned, the marriagerecords from that time doesn't give much info. I will also look for his birth according to his age in the 1801 census. Did you check it?? Click on 'Lenke'.Halvor

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Halvor Stokke

I did not find anything more at the libarary in Drammen. But looking into the 'Bygdebok for Lier' book no 2, page 107 it tells: Torsten Gulbrandsen, married to Else Nilsdatter and children Gulbrand, Nils and Ellen. He took over the place Landfaldhaugen about 1779, but was in 1803 by Supreme Court judged to depart from the farm. Where he and his family went, does the story not tell.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Christopher Nilsen

Dear Halvor,Thank you for looking at the 'Bygdebok' for me. I appreciate all your help.Yes I have looked at the 1801 census. This is where I first found Torsten and his family. The census says he was living in Frogner in 1801. The family stayed there for many years then. My Great-Great-Grandfather married there in 1889.If you are able to find Torsten Gulbrandsen's birth for me I would be very happy about finding it. If you are happy to help.Else Nilsdatter grew up in Myrehagen which I found on a map to be very close to Aassiden.Chris.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 10 måneder senere...
Gjest Chris Nilsen

Dear Halvor,Do you remember which parish you found the details of the marriage of Torsten and Else?I know it was in Lier but which parish?Chris Nilsen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.