Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#12059] Hartvig Karl Sorlie

Gjest Tracy Root
 Del

Gjest Tracy Root

I am looking for info on my great grandfather. All I know is he was from Norway and when he came over they changed his name to Karl Sorley. I have a drawing of his signed h. sorlie -- if you have any info please email me...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Any further information like date of birth, parents, occupation, any photos from Norway etc.? When did he leave Norway? Maybe he named his kids after his parents etc.....

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

There is one 'Sorlie, Hartvig' residence Kristiania, Arriving Ellis Island in 1923,62 years old.Maybe this could be you grandpa; Sorli, Hartvig Karl Johannes, residence Kristiania, arriving Ellis Island in 1904, 20 years old.Painter. Going to Chicago. Going to his brother in law Soderquist. [url="http://www.ellisisland.org/search/passRecord.asp?pID=102517100464&MID=15557714200030707104&>LenkeLeaving from Kristiania: Lenke1900 census Kristiania; He's written as Harvig Sørlie, born 1884 in Kristiania. Intersting..I can't find his parents, but it seems like he's living with two of his sisters and his comming brother in law Soderquist,who was a Swede.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Could it be Hartvig Karl Johs. Sørlie 20 y., adress Kristiania, painter who emigrated from Oslo to Chicago 7. April 1904, Sovereign line.Census 1900 Kristiania/Oslo, Briskebyveien 70. He lived together with Dagny Sørlie b. 1881 Kristiania and Gustav Sørlie b. 1886 Kristiania.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest tracy root

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! My mom and have been looking for info for about 3 yrs. i went to ellis island - but without knowing anything about anything it was hard. Thanx everyone again.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Did you his wife's name was Valborg? I've found him in the 1920 and 1930 census, have you found these already? Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest tracy root

Yes- we did find that out --now we are looking for his sister...so far, i have got hartvig, dagny and gustov --there 'supposedly' one more sister who was already in the states when my great grandfather came over in 1904?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Do you have the obits for his sons George and Edward(einar/einer)? Edwards wife may have been Lucille. Do you have this info? If not i can post the details and sources; Valborg died March 8, 1928 in Oak Park, Il., and i have a possible Gustav, but i don't wish to post what you already have. What was the sisters name? Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Per Calif death index: Sorley Edward G; b 04/18/1907 to Valborg; from Ill; died San Diego County(37) on 12/14/1980 at 73. Possible wife: Lucille, b 4/12/1909, died Los Angeles County(19) on 9/16/1995 at 86. Possible George Sorley, b 23 jan 1909. d Jan 1975 at 60102-Algonquin, Mchenry, Illinois, per ssdi. Their death certs and newspaper notices should confirm or refute...perhaps the married names of the 2 sisters will be given. Can you order LDS film for Valborg(Ill index) or shall i? Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

And per Ill index, a possible Gustav Sorlie, d 1948-3-8; Kane County, Elgin. The Elgin PL may do an obit lookup; Google and then nav the site, Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...
Gjest Roger Thauland

Perhaps this is his wife? Mrs Valborg Sorley, 9826 S. Sang?mon, Chicago; in US 23 years; married to Hartvig; born 3-6-1883, Oslo; Knut Knutsen of Christiania, father; Anna Anderson of Ch(?)allottenborg, Sweden, mother. buried Oak Hill Cemetery, Worth township (Blue Island, IL) 3-10-1928; died 3-8-1928. undertaker: Blatta of Forest Park. I can email a few items if given an address...Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.