Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#12075] Parish record

Gjest Kathryn Yates
 Del

Gjest Kathryn Yates

I am looking for the father of Marit Olsdatter born june 11 1832 Grytten Parish. Thankyou so much for any help Kay Yates

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

1865 census: I found 26 Marit Olsdatter's born in 1832. Could you give us some more information? Any brothers or sisters. Perhaps she named her kids after her parents? When did Marit emigrate? Any information please.Maybe she's not listed there at all if she emigrated before 1865.Have you tried this page? Emmigrations before the Ellis ISland time http://www.norwayheritage.com/pasquest.asp

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest kathryn Yates

Hello Nina, Thankyou for your responce. She is on the 1865 census 134 Overdalen Kors Grytten Parish stor Rodstol 65, 127 She is no 2581 28 listed as Tjenestepige og Husholder Ole Jacobs has a daughter Marit married May 15 1856 to Paul Nicolaisen Stueflaaten. Could he have 2 daughters named Marit ?? The Marit at the bottom is definately my grand mother and her mother. Parish records should tell who her father and mother is.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Glenn Murray

Your Marit Olsdtr was born in 1831, not 1832. But having read the church records forwards and backwards I understand how this misunderstanding happened (a member of the clergy made a mess of it). Marit Olsdtr was born 11 JUN 1831 and baptised 10 JUL 1831. Her parents were farmer Ole Jacobsen Rødstøl and wife Marit Knutsdtr (born on the Bjølverud farm in Lesja, a few miles south of the county line). This couple also had another daughter called Marit born 9 SEP 1833. If you get hold of the book 'Raumadalsfolket' by Henrik O. Røvig and look up pages 20-21 you will find your Marit's ancestors back to Henrik Brude b. 1665. You may find Marit Knutsdtr Bjølverud in 'Bygdebok for Lesja' (volume I), by Arnfinn Kjelland.(warning: acid part coming…) I have a comment to all our American friends; when asking for help do tell us what you know and all you know. If you are stuck with what little information you have got, how can you expect us to be able to help you with less! In your case Kathy, it would have been nice for a helpful Norwegian to know Marit was born in the sub-parish of Kors in the parish of Grytten. This tiny piece of information brings the number of records to search down from five to one. Also it would have been nice to know the source of Marit's date of birth.My genealogy pages: http://www.murray.as/genealogy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kathryn Yates

Hello Glenn, Thankyou so much for the help. I am learning. You can bet next time I will give all I know. I didn't realize what all that on the census meant now I do. Thanks for setting me staight. Now where do I find the book 'Raumsdalsfolket' Kay Yates

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kathryn Yates

Hi Glenn, I am in contact with someone in that family that has the book. The news paper article sure helped. Thanks again for all your trouble. Kay

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.