Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#12333] Julius F. Jacobsen

Gjest Ron Gulbranson
 Del

Gjest Ron Gulbranson

Searching for information about Julius F. Jacobsen. Born in Norway, but don't know where. Immegrated to US in 1892. Passenger list says home was Christiania. He was born in 1868. Lived in Mayville ND after he came to US. He has sisters, Helga, Jennie, Elisebeth, and Inga. Maybe had 1 brother.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Could this be him too? Xania - Liverpool - Ellis Island ; He came in 1897, are you quite sure that 1892 is the correct year of arrival? He was 30 years old at that time. Still single.. 17th. june 1897: 'Going home', see line 17 Lenke'F' fo what?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Gulbranson

Thanks Nina for the response. This also looks like Julius. I think he went back to Norway, then returned with Johanna Olson. Not sure who that is. But it says his residence is Xeania. Do you know where that might be? My real search is for his sister, Helga Methilde. She is my Grandmother, but had no luck. So, I thought if I could find him, it would lead me to her. Please advise any info you might find. Thanks Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

He emigr. in 1893. If you can't find him in the list try this: From Oslo. Search under No. ,and contains, type 1126. It is 22 people with this number. He is on top of page 2.I have tried to search at his name and date but it doe's not work.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Gulbranson

Hi Berit; I didn't quite understand search info. Could you explain again? But also I saw at ellis is. 10 apr, 1893 there is a inga jacobsen traveling with a julius jacobsen. she is from tonsberg. Julius has a sister named Inga. However I couldn't find her in digitalarkivet. I do know he crossed at least 2 times. I am trying to find the family in Norway.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

My english is not good enough, but I will try again:Emigrants from OSLO. On the top (pale blue area) you have a search-system with 3 white fields. The left one, find records where, should be: No., the middle:contains, and in the third field write down the number 1126. I hope you understand what I am trying to say now, but I don't blame you if you don't.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

This Johanne (50 years) was much older that Julius (30 years). I found them listed in the Norwegian protocol [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=EMIOSLO&variabel=0&postnr=124245&fulle=true&spraak=n>LenkeCould she possible be his mother?1897 Juni 04 Johanne Olsen f G 50 Kr.a New York . 1390 Norge Spd1897 Juni 04 Julius Jacobsen m Arb. 30 Amerika New York . 1391 Usa SpdYour grandma....did she leave for America too??? I browsed the list for a few Jacobsen's leaving Xania, and picked out a FEW of them:1.Julius F.Jacobsen, born about 1868, unknown place in Norway, maybe Xania.2.Helga Mathilde Jacobsen. According to the Norwegian emigration protocol a Helga Jacobsen, 18 years from Tønsberg, is leaving Xania in 1895 18th april), destination NY. could be interesting since you earlier mentioned Tønsberg. LenkeAnother Mathilde from Kragrø leaves Oslo in august 1892;MathildeJacobsen,23 years old, from Kragerø, destination Chicago.3.Jennie Jacobsen,

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

This is the manifest, see line 16 and 17. They are both going home. Johanna is listed as a housekeeper. I think she was over in 1894 as well, don't you think so too? So why Norway? Maybe a burrial or something?Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Gulbranson

This is interesting... My Gr-Grandmother's name was Johanne Olsen, married to Gulbrand Olsen. She was born in 1835. so the age is not right. But maybe he has married. As far as my G-mother is concerned, (Helga) I know all about her after she came to US in 1896. She was born in 1876. Because of the years of birth and Immigation I haven't found any records. Do you know anyone with book from Tønsberg?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Things would have been much easier if we knew about her husband from the start....... Do you knwo when and where he was born? When he emigrated?Have you ever come across Julis F.'s nat. papers? Maybe they could tell you something more about the place he came from in Norway.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Gulbrand Olsen??? But what about the kids, are they all named Jacobsen? Have Johanne been married once before?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Gulbranson

I'm sorry! I think I might be confusing you. Helga Mathilda Jacobsen was my G-mother. She married Johan Gulbrandsen. She immegrated in 1896, he in 1892, to Hillsboro, ND. His father was Gulbrand Olsen, b 1832 in Ullensaker, married Johanne Christensdatter from Nannestad, b 1835. As far as I knew, niether Immegrated. I think Johanne died in Norway in 1901. Helga is the only person I know nothing about before she immegrated. I have tried for months to find where she might have come from. Passenger list only says Kristiania. But that could be only where she boarded the ship. Recently I have found persons that could be her sister or brother, came from Tønsberg. But not sure. I have hit the proverbial brick wall.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

So the parents of Helga Mathilda, Julius F.,Inga, Jenny and Elisabeth are both unknow, and so are theire birthplace? Correct?And Johanna Olson is the same person as Johanne Christensdatter from Nannestad? In that case let's 'forget' about her and her husband.'Helga Mathilda Jacobsen was my G-mother. She married Johan Gulbrandsen. She emigrated in 1896'. Could you show us her manifest?Then I would like to have all theire middle names and date of birth. You have to provide us with all the small details you know!! What's the 'F' in 'Julius F'.?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Gulbranson

Yes, their parents and birthplace is unknown. Helga immegrated Okt. 29, 1896 from oslo to Omaha Nebraska. She was born Mar 26, 1876. Johan immegrated Juni 13, 1892, from Oslo to Hillsboro, ND. He was born Dec 14, 1871 in Ullensaker. They married in 1897 and lived in Mayville, ND. From the cencus of 1900 for Mayville, it shows her brother Julius F. living with them. Middle name is unknown. My sister has an old bible. First page says from Inga, Elisabeth, and Jenny Jacobsen. Assumed to be her sisters. Also, I have a picture of Helga and her 2 brothers. The other one is unknown.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.