Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#12364] Iver Erichsen - born 4-22-1745 Farm or Parish = Vik

Gjest Dale Tuvey
 Del

Gjest Dale Tuvey

I am seeking information about Iver Erichsen. I believe he was born April 22, 1745. The place name I have associated with him is 'Vik'. I don't know if that is a farm name or a Parish name. He married (though I don't know where)Anna Sophie Pittersdatter, born 1759. I don't know anything about her ancestry. They had a daughter, Kari, born February 7, 1789 in Holde, Nes, Hallingdal. I would like to find any siblings of Kari and find out about the ancestors of Iver (and Anna Sophie if possible).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ketil Harbek

Accordring til IGI (FamilySearch) Iver and Anna Sophie were married November 7 1779 at Borgund church, Lærdal (Laerdal) parish/municipality in Sogn og Fjordane county (fylke). Vik is a nabour parish/municipality to Lærdal on the southern side of the Sogn Fjord (Sognefjorden). So probably your Vik is this Vik in Sogn og Fjordane.Still accordring to IGI, Anna Sophie war born in Lærdal 1759, and she died August 18 1816. Her parents are not mentioned there. And Iver Erichsen was christened in Vik i Sogn April 22 1745 – father Erich ’Folie’.There is a Føli farm in Vik (then spelled Wiig) in the 1801 census. That may be the home farm of Iver, but in 1801 no names seemes related to him there.Hallingdal is one of the main valleys in Buskerud county, but geographically related to Lærdal (to the west, across the mountains).Are you sure about the birth information of their daughter Kari? In the 1801 census at the Holde farm in Nes, Hemsedal (side valley to Hallingdal), there lives a Kari, 12 years old, but she is the daughter of Peder Knudsen and Margit Torkildsdatter. But of course – your Kari’s family may have moved along from that farm before 1801.I hope this contains some useful information.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dale Tuvey

Thank you, Ketil. Yes, the information is very useful. I need to learn how to get information from the IGI source. This will be a good test - to see if I can duplicate your information from my own search of that source.I am not sure where I got the information about Kari's birth. I will try to verify that and see if Iver and Anna Sophie had any other children during their likely stay in Nes sometime between 1779 when they were married and 1801 when they were not there according to the census. If someone has a bygdebook or a churchbook with information from Nes I would love to know it.I will also try to follow Anna Sophie's ancestors in Lærdal and Iver's in Vik. If anyone has information about those families to start the search I would appreciate knowing it.Thanks again for your assistance. I appreciate it very much.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ketil Harbek

Be aware that information from the IGI source needs to be confirmed from other sources. (I think IGI and Vital Records are said to be more reliable that Ancestral File on FamilySearch, though.) Anyway it is very useful for finding out where to search further on.About churchbook from Nes - look here: Lenke Use the 'You are here' line to move around.At that site you can find a lot of information - mostly in norwegian. But you kan ask for translation assistance in this forum; people are very helpful here! - Good luck!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.