Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#12365] Johannes Pedersen - born 1794 in Skedsmo, Akershus

Gjest Dale Tuvey
 Del

Gjest Dale Tuvey

I seek information about the family and ancestors of Johannes Pedersen born in 1794 in Skedsmo, Akershus. I can't find any additional information on him or his family on-line and thought someone might have a bygdebok or other source of information about Skedsmo at that time that might tell who his parents were, where they were from, and any information on them as to birth, marriage, death, other children, etc. Thanks in advance for any help!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Kornstad

I suppose this is your Johannes Pedersen in the 1801-census:Johannes Pedersen, 7 years old, is living with his mother, Randi Olesdatter, 40, and his twin sister Mari Pedersdatter in a small cottage on the farm Sørum vestre in Skedsmo (it was written Skytsmoe in the census.) The twins were born out of marriage, and nothing is said about the father. You must find the twins'christening in the churchbook to find the father's name, I think. Here is the address to the census:LenkeGood luck from Laila Kornstad.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dale Tuvey

Thank you, Laila, for your information. I don't know how I missed this information from the 1801 census because that is a source I regularly check. I will try to get information from a churchbook through microfische through a Family History Center. I do have two questions based on the census information. What does the term ' besvangret' mean? Is that how you know the twins were born out of marriage or if not, how is that information known? Thanks again for your help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Kornstad

'Besvangret' means 'made pregnant', I think. Randi is called 'Quinde', it means woman, but was used about a woman who had a child/children out of marriage. Sometimes she was called 'Quindemenneske', a word which is disparaging.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dale Tuvey

Thanks again, Laila. I am always impressed with the facility in English displayed by so many Norwegian responders to inquiries made in English in this forum. I am even more embarrassed, therefore, by my own inability to speak, write, or understand a foreign language, especially Norwegian, since I am inquiring on a Norwegian website!. You have upheld the tradition of your countryman well. Thanks for your response.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.