Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#12527] When was the 1865-telling actually completed

Gjest Glenn Olander-Quamme
 Del

Gjest Glenn Olander-Quamme

I was searching the 1865-telling. The entry for my great-great grandfather (Hans Villumson Tvedt) lists a daughter Karen, age 5. From other sources, it appears that Karen was born in 1861, hence would have been 4 in 1865. Was the census actually completed in 1865, or was part of it completed in 1866? Is there any way to determine the date that a particular household was counted? The census entry I am referring to is at Lenke Thanks in advance for your help! Glenn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

The census of 1865 reflects the population on the Eve of Dec. 31, and the lists were collected the first days of January 1866.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Oldervoll

Due to the way age was counted Karen was 5 in 1865. They counted numbers of years started. I.e. you were 1 until your first birthday. On her fourth birthday in 1865 she stated being 5 and was so until her fifth birthday in 1866.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.