Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#12729] Vestengen Krogen or Berger farm, Eidsvold

Gjest Mary Ellen Peterson
 Del

Gjest Mary Ellen Peterson

Hello, I am looking for information on my great-grandfather, Andreas Andersen b. 17 Oct 1835 in Eidsvold. In the 1865 census he was living on the Vestengen Krogen Overskrift 1 gard with his wife, Ragnhild Christoffersdatter b. 1 Jan 1830 and children: Ole b. 1852, Anton b. 1856 (my grandfather), Kristen b. 1860 and Johannes b. 1863. Andreas came to America (Wisconsin) in 1871 and took the surname BERGER telling that this was the name of a glass factory near his home. He had a half-brother, Anton Andersen and a half-sister, Maren Andersen b. 1857-8 who also came to Wisconsin. It was said either Andreas or Ragnhild's father was killed by a bull in the pasture while walking home from church. Ragnhild took the name 'Mary' when she came here. I am learning the Norwegian language, so understand some Norwegian. I am so proud of my Norwegian heritage and am eager to learn of more ancestors. Thank you kindly, Mary Ellen Peterson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ketil Harbek

Hi, Mary Ellen. Take a look at tema 6247. There Trond Lunde offers help about Eidsvoll (older spelling: Eidsvold). You will also find his e-mail adress there. Good luck!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

Well, I think Trond also will see this query. Esp. since Mary Ellen has put Eidsvold in the subject line. I think the Eidsvoll subject no. 6247 has grown to big, 120 messages is a lot to go through if you are interested in finding out if any other persons have looked for/into your Eidsvold-family....The best man to help though, is Trond! He is an expert on Eidsvold. Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.