Arkivverket
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nikolaus Ordemann

[#13188] Meaning of note 'af Faderen' in 'Folketelling' report

Guest Nikolaus Ordemann

In Digitalarkivet 1875-tellingen I searched for my family 'Ordemann'. In the 'Yrke' colummn for one of the children I find the entry 'Af faderen' which means 'from/of the father'. What is the meaning? One suggestion is: He is son only of the father, not the 'hustru' mentioned above, that is he is 'uekte' (illegitimate). Excuse use of English instead of Norsk.

Guest Knut Bryn

'Af faderen' means that Fredrik Johan was economically supported by his father, and perhaps that he was working a little in his father's business (as a coachman).

Guest Finn Bratland

Hey ! Fredrik Henrik Johan Ordemann was dead the 1.nov 1877 only 17 year old. Perhaps he was sick they last year before he died and was not able to work ?My great grandmother was a cousin to Fredrik`s mother Karen Larsine Ordemann born Slyder .We have the same great great great grandfather and grandmother . Georg Christian Slyder and Anna Pedersdtr.If you have some interest in more informasjon give me a sign .Finn

Guest Nikolaus Ordemann

Hei Finn, thanks for your answer. I'm researching the Ordeman(n) family/ies round the world and try to find the link between the roots in Germany and the descendants in Norway. Most of what I know so far can be found in my 'Adam-and-Eve' genealogy on my homepage http://www.genealogienetz.de/privat/ordemann. I'd appreciate if you could give me some more information. At present I'm in contact with Ragnhild Ordemann in Bergen (very effective) and Nina Ordemann SolÄs in Kristiansand. mvh Nikolaus

Sign in to follow this