Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#13624] Can anyone help me with my roots in Buskerud? Larsen/Gulbrandsen

Gjest Sharon Tack
 Del

Gjest Sharon Tack

I have hit a brick wall with my Buskerud family. Can anyone help? Christian (Christen) Larsen was born 1821, Modum or Lier. According to Minnesota church record book, the date of April 8, 1822 is given - don't know if this date of birth or christening. He married Kjerste Gulbrandsen (Guldbrandsen) who was born 1822, possibly parish of Viker. A family source gave me her birthdate as March 17 or 18, 1822. I believe they were married about 1850 since by 1850 they are living in Green County, Wisconsin where Christian is a farmer. According to the 1860 US Census, they immigrated in 1850. Their first child is born in 1851. They later moved to Cottonwood County, Minnesota. According to one family source, both were previously married, but I do not know how reliable that information is. Thank you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Harald Storaker

Kirsti Guldbrandsen you can find in LDS IGI:KIRSTI GULBRANDSEN Birth: 18 MAR 1822 Christening: 14 APR 1822 Lunder, Buskerud Father: GULBRAND LARSEN Mother: OLINE BENDIXDRThis is from a church book, but there is also a batch Number where some Mormon has submitted the whole family:Batch Number: 7525505MARI GULBRANDSEN - 23 FEB 1817 Norderhov, Buskerud OLE GULBRANDSEN - 12 JUN 1818 Norderhov, Buskerud LARS GULBRANDSEN - 24 FEB 1821 Norderhov, Buskerud KIRSTI GULBRANDSEN - 14 APR 1822 Norderhov, Buskerud CHRISTIAN GULBRANDSEN - 07 SEP 1823 Norderhov, Buskerud BERTE GULBRANDSEN - 05 SEP 1824 Norderhov, Buskerud ENGEBRET GULBRANDSEN - 22 JAN 1826 Norderhov, Buskerud RANDI GULBRANDSEN - 23 MAR 1828 Norderhov, Buskerud MARI GULBRANDSEN - 05 APR 1831 Norderhov, Buskerud GULBRAND GULBRANDSEN - 17 JUN 1832 Norderhov, Buskerud BENDIX GULBRANDSEN - 15 MAR 1834 Norderhov, Buskerud CHRISTIAN GULBRANDSEN - 14 JUN 1835 Norderhov, Buskerud OLE GULBRANDSEN - 18 SEP 1836 Norderhov, BuskerudGULBRAND LARSEN Christening: 07 JUL 1793 Norderhov, Buskerud Father: LARS CLEMMETSEN Mother: RONOUG INGBRIGTSDT.1801 census: [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f10613&variabel=0&postnr=6080&fulle=true&spraak=n>LenkeOLINA BENDIKTSEN Christening: 23 AUG 1794 Norderhov, Buskerud Father: BENDIX ERICHSEN Mother: KJERSTIE OLSDT.1801 census:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Sharon Tack

Thank you Harold for your efforts. I, too, had taken this route at the LDS site with Kirsti being the daughter of Gulbrand Larson and Oline Bendixdr. The birth date is correct, and my Kirsti went on to name one of her children Oline and also Randi (one of Kirsti's sisters), so that does fit. But then in LDS records, batch number M424057, it shows a Kirsti Gulbrandsdr, daughter of Gulbrand Larsen, getting married in 1852 to an Elling Ellingsen. It doesn't list a mother's name so I can't verify anything that way.In the church book you reference, can you find anything where the Kirste Gulbrandsen, daughter of Gulbrand Larsen and Oline Bendixdr married Christen Larsen around 1850?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Sharon Tack

Harald Storaker - are you still out there - wondering if you can check the church book you reference?Thank you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kathy Bergan Schmidt

Perhaps you can check the church book yourself. The IGI reference from the church book actually tells you the parish and gives the film number that the birth date comes from. Click on that 'film number' link and it leads you to the church records for Norderhov Prestegjeld (parish)in Buskerud. Lunder, which is mentioned in the IGI citation, is a sub-parish under Norderhov.If you have a Family History Center nearby, you could rent the right film for marriages in Lunder during the time you're looking. The FHL catalog will help you determine which film that may be.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Sharon Tack

Is there anyone who could check a church book for me for the pertinent area to help me verify my questions?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Sharon Tack

In regard to Kjerste Gulbrandsen, born March 18, 1822 in Buskerud- can anyone tell me what church book to inquire of if she was born at either Vikersund or Viker - I am thinking these are two separate places/areas, am I correct? Would both of these places be in the same book? Again, I believe she was married about 1850 and was married to Christen Larsen. If there is anyone out there who could look this up for me, I would be very appreciative.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kathy Bergan Schmidt

The church book you need is for Lunder -- as the IGI entry says. You are in luck in that one LDS film has the baptism, confirmation, and marriage records for Lunder for the years between 1822 and 1850. That would be number 124055. The church book record of the baptism should indicate the right place of birth.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Sharon Tack

Kathy, Thank you for the information. I will have to pursue that. I live about 1 1/2 hours away from the nearest LDS Family Center, so have been putting that off thinking maybe I could use other methods. Thanks again. If anyone out there has the Lunder records and could do a look up, please let me know. Thanks.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.