Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#13723] finding birth or death records

Gjest Jennifer Richardson
 Del

I am trying to find the birth, marraige or death record of Jakob Pettersen Sjothun. He was born Jan. 18, 1885 in Solvorn. He died Jan. 13, 1958 in Bergen. He was from Manger County where he was married on Jan. 13, 1958. I look up church records. Then go under Hordaland. It gives me1261 for Manger, and there's no matching name. Where can I find this info? Thank You Jennifer

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Harald Haug

The only Norwegian parish with the name of Solvorn lies in Hafslo in 'Sogn og Fjordane' county north of Hordaland. There you should at least find his birth record.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest torild Øye

You find him under church-registers- married- Hordaland- married in Manger 1881-1920. Jakob Pedersen Sjøthun , father:Peder Jakobsen Sjøthun, born in Nesttun 1885, and Bertine Sofie Olesdt., born at Dalland 1882, father: farmer Ole Knudsen Dalland. They got married 02.07.1905. Torild

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Torild-do you know how to send a link to exactly where you found him? That's him. Thank you somuch. I don't know Norwegian. How do I get therecord. I go to married. then Hordaland then Manger, but I don't see him under the 7 entries. How do I get more people? Thank you.I found his birth record, thanks to the link that was sent. Thank you! Jennifer

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Solfrid Vestaberg Ormøy

Hi JenniferMaybe I can help you with this people. Mari Pedersdatter b. 04.04.1821 is my Great great grandmother. I have lots of information about her descendants. If you want you can send a e-mail to solfrid@vestaberg.no.How are you related to this family?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Mari Pedersdotter is my Great great grandmother,too. My father is Anton Pettersen, son of Jakob Pettersen Sjothun, son of Peder JakobsonSjothun, son of Mar Pedersdotter! Jennifer

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

So nice Jennifer, then we are related.Mari married Johannes Tøgersen, and they got 7 children, among all Peder Johannesen, he married Petrine Monsdatter, and they got 10 children. One of them was Johanne Marie.Johanne Marie had 7 children with 6 men, one was Elisabeth Fredrikke, she married Olav Eriksen. They got 5 children, and the first one was Maria Helena and she is my mother.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I sent you an e-mail, too. Wow. That isconfusing. How did she have 7 children with 6 different fathers?? Jennifer

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I have Mari Pedersdotter Elvethun marrying Jakob Pederson Liseth(born in Lavik?) Is this the same Marie? Jennifer

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I sent you an e-mail, too. Wow. That isconfusing. How did she have 7 children with 6 different fathers?? Jennifer

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yes, she is the same person. She married Johannes Tøgersen 12.09.1856. But I will send you a e-mail soon with the information I have.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.