Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#13785] Hilda Amalie Marie Andersdatter Westbye - b. 1860 in Oslo

Gjest Pearl Danroth
 Del

Gjest Pearl Danroth

Hilda Amalie Marie Andersdatter W(V)estbye born 1860 in Oslo.Hilda was my grandmother’s sister. I would like to find out what happened to her after 1875. The following is all the information that I have. She was born to Andreas Johnsen W(V)estby and Marthe Oline Christiansdatter on June 2, 1860.1. Oslo Domkirke, Mini 15 page 212 no11 - 1861 christenings Born June 2, 1860, christening January 27 1861 - Hilda Amalia Marie: Parents Andreas Westby and wife Marthe Oline Christiansdatter, lived at Rødfyldgade 29. Witnesses: Sailor Joh. Haagensen, the parents and Sofie Trulsen2. 1865 Census for Oslo - Hilda M. A. Vestby was a foster child living at - 31 Prindsens Gade, Trefoldigheds Menighed, Oslo. 22716 9 1 Lars Lars. oppasser g 28 m Hadeland, 22717 10 Karen Lars. foregaaendes kone g 38 k Kristiania, 22718 11 Hilda M. A. Vestby opfostres hos disse 6 k Kristiania 3. Then in 1875, Hilda Andreasdatter Westbye was living with her uncle Anders Johnsen Westbye, her grandmother Malene Andersdatter Westbye and her aunt Jørgine Johnsdatter Westbye at Sagveien 6, Oslo as a “fosterdatter broderd.” What I would like to know is “what happened to Hilda after 1875”? I know she never emigrated and believe she was still alive in 1900 when her sister Nicoline (my grandmother) left Norway. Was she confirmed, married and does she have any living descendants?Any new information for Hilda would be of interest. Thank you, Pearl

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pearl Danroth

Hello Per HåkonThat might be Hilda, but I have no way of knowing. The birth year is not the same and her maiden name is not given, so it's hard to know. Thanks for taking the time to look for this.I used to have a link or website for looking up death's in Norway, but can't find it now. Is it possible to look up a death record for Hilda? Would her birthday and parent's names be given in the death record? Maybe something else will turn up to verify that this lady is the right one. Thanks, Pearl

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Håkon Christiansen

The communal censuses might help. But I don't have the chance to look into them for the time being. ph

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

Hi Pearl! Hope you are doing fine!! I don't think this is the right one, that PH found...amilysearch tell us this:Alma Marie Female Event(s): Birth: Christening: 27 SEP 1882 Gronland Menighet, Oslo, Akershus, Norway Parents: Father: Ludvig Albert Larsen Family Mother: Hilda Amalie ChristiansenExtract from churchrecords IGI Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type: C428265 1878 - 1888 1282503 IT 7Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Håkon Christiansen

Thank you Laila. I thought of checking FamilySearch, but if you look at the time (0421 in the morning) I just happened to wake up for a few minutes, saw that there was something to answer, and was too sleepy to do more than this. Nevertheless, there are other things I must check in the Oslo City Archives, so I can as well take a look for Hilda too. But it will be some time before I get the chance to do it, so if somebody else could, it would be fine. She should also be in the address lists, so it should be possible to follow her year by year, that should give us an indication. Laila: do you know about school records for Sagene, are they intact?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

Hi Per Håkon! I wondered about that. When you sleep I mean :o)Sagene Skole has delivered their archives to Oslo City Archives, but I don't know which years this material will include!Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pearl Danroth

Per Håkon and Laila, wonderful to hear from both of you! All is well here in Canada.The only other thing that I can add, and it might prove to be helpful, is a very old handwritten note found in my father's possessions. If you remember Per Håkon, you translated it for me. The following comes from your translation: 'This belongs to a Stepsi(s)ter Lina Johansen.........she lives in Canada and has been married to Glass master Johansen from Xania. Marie Sonsteby.' There is no date on this note.As far as I know, my grandmother Nicoline (Lina) never had a stepsister. Since the two sisters (Nicoline and Hilda) grew up in different homes as foster children, maybe Hilda consider they were stepsisters rather than full sisters! If this note was written by Hilda, then she started using her 3rd name Marie instead of her first name.Just thought I should add this, in case, the name Sonsteby or Sønsteby came into the picture.Have a good day, Pearl

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.