Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#13927] Relatives of Anton Hansen and Maren Regine Rollefdatter

Gjest Larry & Gail Salmon
 Del

We are looking for information on Anton Hansen who married Maren Regine 14 Jan. 1877 in Stavern. Their children were Alfred Maurits, Hans Ricard, Carl Gustav, Frithjof Albert ( Our Grandfather), Anton Marinius, Borghild and Karl. We dont't know when Anton was born or when he died. We are also looking for any relatives living in Norway that we could make contact with. Maren Regine born 1855 was datter of Rollov Hansen and Maren Ch. Jensdatter. She had brothers Rikard Rolovsen & Jens M. and a sister Hansine Dorthea. Any information would be greatly Appreciated.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

According to Familysearch Anton was 29 years old when they got married.Which one of them emigrated? And when?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Leaving Kristiania in 1903: Anton Marinius 18 years old and Carl Julius Hansen 11 years old, travelling together. Living in Larvik, Vestfold County, heading for Boston. LenkeAnything of interest?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ketil Firing Hanssen

Here's the family in the 1900 census for Larvik:LenkeMarie (=Maren Regine!) is a widow and a dressmaker/seamstress, Gustav and Frithjof are sailors, Anton is a glass blower. Marie is born in Fredriksværn (=Stavern), all the children in are born Larvik.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Neither Anton or his wife Maren Regine emigrated to America. Only their children,Anton Marinius age 18 and Carl Julius age 11 went to Boston in 1903. Karl Gustav age 26 went to Chicago in 1907. Fritjof Albert(My Grandfather)came to Canada, but we don't know how or when. He was in the Merchant Marine and may have simply got off a ship in New York ? and stayed.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pearl Danroth

Could this be your Grandfather Fritjof Albert?From the Ellis Island website there is a sailor, Frits Hansen who arrived in New York on the ship ''SS Fredrik VIII'' from Kristiania (Oslo) on Feb 4, 1917, age 34. His residence was Tonsberg and his closest reletave was his wife Mathilde Hansen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

With regards to the Ellis Island sailor Frits Hansen, he the right age but is not our grandfather as he was in Canada in 1914 when my mother was born and we know he enlisted in the Canadian armed forces in 1916. He was, according to his military record,in the USA naval reserve for three years before going to Canada.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pearl Danroth

What was your grandmother's name and was she also from Norway? Where were your grandparent's married? Norway or Canada? Answers to these questions could help to find your grandfather in the Emigrants from Norway. Pearl

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Terje Pettersen

Hello! I have been doing some research in the Larvik area trying to help Larry and Gail. Anthon Hansen was born in Larvik in 1848, son of Hans Rollefsen (born 1816 in Sauherad, Telemark) and Anne Gurine Olsdatter (born 1812, Hedrum, Vestfold). Hans and Anne Gurine`s other children all born in Larvik: Jens Christian(1836),Hans Christian(1838),Gurine(1840), Rudolph(1843), Ole(1846), Karen(1851). Anthons wife Maren Regine was born 1855 in Stavern. Her parents Rollev Hansen (born 1816, Sauherad, Telemark) and Maren Christine Jensdatters(born 1821, Stavern, Vestfold)other children born in Stavern: 1. Ida Amalie(1850), Hans Richard(1852), Jens Martinius(1859) and Hansine Dorthea(1862). Ida Amalie married Julius Rudolph Carlander 11th of November 1876 in Stavern kirke. Her husband was from Blekinge in Sweden. In the 1900 census of Aker (Oslo area) I have found one Rolf Carlander born 1882 in Larvik. He might be a son of Ida and Julius? If it`s of any interest for others than Larry and Gail I have also got information further back in time. As I understand Larry and Gail they are specially interested in getting in contact with living relatives. Regards Terje

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.