Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#13957] Wives and Children of Ola Andersson, Naustdal, Sogn og Fjordane, 1700's

Gjest Dale Tuvey
 Del

Gjest Dale Tuvey

I hope someone can clear up my confusion about the wives and children of Ola Andersson, born 1737 at Kalland farm in Naustdal, Sogn og Fjordane. According to the Naustdal bygdebok Ola married Else Nilsdotter from Åse farm in Naustdal in 1768 and in 1787 married Margrete Olsdotter, from Klepstøllen farm.On the SFF archives site the mother of four of Ola's children, Anders (1772), Massi (1774), Synneva (1777), and Nils (1780) is shown to be Margrete. (There are two additional children whose mother is not shown, Sofia and Rakel Maria both born in 1768.) As you can see all are born before Ola married Margrete. In addition the SFF archives show that Else died in 1784. So--- Is it possible that Ola and Else divorced and Ola and Margrete had all of those children while not married? Or, is Else really the mother of all of the children? There is a date in the SFF archives for Ola and Margrete's marriage which shows 1767 instead of 1787, but then how could Ola marry Else in 1768 and Margrete still be the mother of all of the children? Can someone help me sort this out?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marita Brandsøy Lystad

I can see why you are confused, and I don`t know if this is much of a help. But on the SFF I find three marriages for Ole Andersson Kalland:1. Ole Andersson Kalland marries Margrete Olsdatter in 1767. This is listed as marriage nr. 1 for both of them.2. Ole Andersson Kalland marries Else Nilsdatter Åse in 1768. This is also listed as maririage nr. 1 for both of them...3. Ole Andersson Kalland marries Margrete Olsdatter Kleppstølen July 2nd 1787. This is listed as his second and her first marriage.Ole Andersson is a very common name in Naustdal (and Norway in general). I believe we are dealing with two different Ole Anderssons Kalland here...although I have no evidence of this.I believe there is one Ole Andersson Kalland who marries Margrete Olsdatter in 1767, and has the children Anders 1771, Anders 1772, Massi 1774, Synneva 1777 and Nils 1780.At birth, they are said to have married parents (ektefødt).The Ole Andersson who marries Else Nilsdatter in 1768 may be a different person?This is indeed confusing, and I have to check with the bygdebok when I get home.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.