Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#14717] Probate records for Bruhjell

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I am trying to verify that Brita Anfindd. was the daughter of Anfind Hermundsen Bruhjell.Brita died 01.08.1770 at Bruhjell. According to her burial record, she was born about 1690.Anfind married Torbiør Endred. 27.12.1700, and died at Bruhjell 19.08.1725. Torbiør also died at Bruhjell (26.11.1747). I have looked at the listing of probate records for Bruhjell and do not see either name there -- so I cannot give you page or protocol numbers.I am told that according to the Balestrand Bygdeboka -- 'it is believed that' Brita was the daughter of Anfind Hermundsen. But I would like to verify this further, since she was born well before Anfind married. I thought that if there was a probate record for either Anfind or Torbiør, it might mention a daughter, Brita (who is married to Kolben Pedersen).I will appreciate any assistance.Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

I am afraid that there is no probate record available.May 27, 1701 there was a probate record as Dorthe Olsdatter Bruhjell had died. She left a widower Hermund Nielsen, and sons Andfind and Sambson, and daughters Gietlof, Else, Aagaathe, Sara and Sigri, all of them sons and daughters of Hermund.According to the male census of 1701 Andfind Hermunsen was 33, his father Hermund Nielsen 60.The ages given in the burial records are often wrong, so I think it seems likely Brita Anfinsdtr Bruhjell was the daughter of Anfind Hermundsen Bruhjell, and it seems more likely she was born around 1701, rather than around 1690. Anfind was a farmer in 1701 according to the male census, and as he maried in Dec. 1700 he most likely took over a part of the farm around that year.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you, YngveI thought perhaps Brita was a daughter of Anfind with another woman, before he married Torbiør. But your explanation makes more sense.Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.