Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#19060] census lookup for Naess

Gjest Steve Rea
 Del

Gjest Steve Rea

Hi, I was wondering if there were any census's held in Naess between 1815 and 1845 and if so how would I go about getting a look up for them. Thanks Steve

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helge R. Naess

Naess is a corruption of Nes, Ness, Næss (*), a very common farm name in Norway. There are also some counties like Nes på Romerike, Nes i Hallingdal. (*) my name is Næss but I use the form Naess in England for many years. My Norwegian relatives in the USA (Midwest) write Ness, Nees etc.) What is your special interest ? You must specify. Greetings !

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Steve Rea

thx for the quick response, I am looking for the family of Halsten Olsen STOEN (b)1796 Naess,Buskerud and his wife Ingeborg Haraldsdatter AMUNSEN (b) 1798 Naess, They emigrated to the US in 1850 with 4 children Randi (b)1826, Ole (b)1829, Harald (b)1831 and Kari (b)1835 another child Gunhild died before they emigrated. I have been told that they had 10 children and I trying to get a census lookup of that area to try and confirm it. They lived on the Hovde farm before they emigrated. Any help that I can get would be appreciated :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen

Found these children for the couple in the Familysearch database:1. Gunild - christening: 08 APR 1822 Nes i Hallingdal 2. Kari - christening: 07 NOV 1824 Nes 3. Randi - christening: 15 OCT 1826 Nes 4. Kari - christening: 9 Aug 1835 Nes 5. Ole - christening: 15 Oct 1837 Nes 6. Gunnild - christening: 21 Nov 1841 NesWould think there could be quite a few children between 1826 and 1835 as well, some you seem to know allready.My guess is that this is Ingeborgs brother, and his family, and that that is who they stayed with before they emigrated. 1865-census: LenkeMaybe others can help you further...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Steve Rea

Thanks Heidi, Yes Halsten sold his farm to Ingeborgs brother (Halvor). Another daughter that I am trying to trace is possibly Karen Andrea HALSTENSDATTER (b)1818 who married Andreas Nicolaisen WILBORN (b)1822 at Stromso on February 8th 1846. Karens father is listed as Halsten Olsen but I have no knowledge of Karen as to if she was a sibling. :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.