Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#19824] Fredrikstad

Gjest Sheree Jankowski
 Del

Gjest Sheree Jankowski

Please look for these names and dates: Charles (or Carl) Julius Syversen born Braaten? Fredrikstad March, 3 1844, wife Bolette Louise Lokkerberg born July 12, 1846 in Fredrikstad, married November 20, 1869 in Fredrikstad. I have now found out that Bolette is Bolette Lovise Andreasdatter. Charles became a cabin boy at age 12, maybe that is why I haven't been able to find him in the census. Other helpful information: charles was a sea captain, he came to America in 1883 and his wife and five daughters followed in 1884, I know they traveled by ship with her sister Elizabeth. I don't know anything about Braaten (a farm?). I have had no luck finding Charles ( or Carl) in any of the in the census either. It was printed in our local news paper along time ago that Roald Amundsen had visited Charles ( his cousin) in Kitsap County Washington State. Since at this time I don't know Charles parents name I can't find their connection. Any information would be of great help. Thanks, Sheree shereemj@yahoo.com

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen

Familysearch shows Bolette Lovise b. Jul 12, 1846, christened Sep 20 1846 in Glemmen church, Fredrikstad. Parents recorded as Andreas Eriksen and Elisabeth Larsdatter. The couple also had these other children: Erich b. 1826, Sophie b. 1828, Ole Peter b. 1832, Oliana Petrolin b. 1835, Ole Peter b. 1838, Bernhard Bolevar 1841-1842, Alette Laura b. 1843, Bernhard b. 1849. First four christened in Borge, the others in Glemmen.Andreas and Elisabeth were married 17 Feb 1826, in Borge church, outside Fredrikstad, Østfold county.Here is the family (Andreas with his second wife) in the 1865-census for Fredrikstad: Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

These may be potential parents for Carl, at the Braaten farm in Borge: LenkeI have only found these children so far (Familysearch only had girls` christenings recorded for some reason): Karen Christianne b. 1828 (mother recorded as Johanne Petrine), Inger Maria b. 1831, Johanne Syverine b. 1833 (mother recorded as Johanne Skad), Lisabeth and Maria (twins) b. 1835, buth then we know there are more, as they are registered with daughter Lene in 1865, b. abt 1846.Hope you get more help with finding Carl Julius!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Sheree Jankowski

Those are Carls sisters, I got info on his parents just today, Father Syver Nilsen Syversen and mother Johanne Skanbraaten. he had 9 sisters and was the only boy! Now I have some of his sisters names. Thanks!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Glad we found the right family, then. One thing. His father was NOT Syver Nilsen Syversen! That Carl`s lastname is Syversen is because it is a patronym, i.e. his father`s name. Syversen/Syverson means son of Syver. While his father Syver Nilsen/Nilson was son of Nils. Bolette was daughter of Andreas i.e. Andreasdatter.In addition to the patronym they would often use the farmname, such as Braaten or Lokkerberg.Read more on Norwegian namingtraditions here: http://www.uib.no/hi/nameprac.htm

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.