Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#21048] Captain Charles Thidemand Thompson, Toms River, NJ (1930)

Gjest J E Haugland
 Del

Gjest J E Haugland

Captain Charles Thidemand Thompson (Karl Thidemand Thomsen) was born, Larvik, Norway, Dec 7. 1887. Parents: Jorgen and Thora Elise Thomsen. He emigrated to US on board the sailing vessel Romenstrant in 1910 and went ashore at St Andrews Fl. He got married to Betty (Betzy Josefine b Andersen) in 1913, and in 1915 they got one son, Carl Thidemand. Charles and wife Betty build a house at Ocean Avenue, Island Hights, NJ, and lived there until late 1920s when they moved to Toms River, Dover Township, Ocean County, NJ. During the period at Island Hights Charles worked as a Captain for the Atkinson family (founders of the Victor Talking Machine Comp, later RCA). At Toms River Charles worked as a Manger of a boatyard.After 1930 a know nothing. Rumours says that Charles moved South (maybe Fl) later he got divorced from Betty. Carl is said to have stayed behind in the North, but all this is just rumours.I have had a lot of help on this network to trace the family up to 1930, but now it seem to have reached a stand still, thats the reason I write this up in English, hoping that someone in US may read this and have som ideas in what way to proceed. Charles was my grandfather and Carl my uncle. All help and ideas will be highly appreciated.JEH

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest J E Haugland

I am a little unpolite now, trying to lift this up in to the daylight again. Its still my hope that someone out there must have a key to this search, that has gone on for such a long time. Please come up with your ideas, if any ! Jan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 9 måneder senere...
 Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.